Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 23, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #3,917 of 7,348
I have tried to apply the Eq settings from EQ-v1 in USB audio player pro using tonebooster parametric eq I am trying to emulate the cipher cable does this look correct or am I missing something because it sounds nothing like it.
I’m a total novice when comes to eq any help would be welcome.
To my understanding, the EQ-v1 and EQ-v2 are alternate EQ propositions that tame the treble removing some unwelcome sibilance and metallic/unnatural soundind vocals, but at the cost of some definition and sound stage (imo), but the original EQ used in the Lightning cable is the one found here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...gnetic-earphones.818870/page-84#post-13229906

Oct 23, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #3,918 of 7,348
LoL I mean what you use for take the pic ... note8?

I was wondering if that's what you meant :)
Note 4

On the EQ topic.
The bass is so linear to the ear it gets boosted by me just to sound natural. One of the benefits of the planar is apparently a smaller penalty on the adjoining mids. The future audience for these type of monitors among others will be bass lovers or those with an affinity for bass as the impact can be felt and the mids can be heard clear and stage is pretty impressive. That's pretty much what we look for.

My library is a lot of 70's rock and vinyl rips or DSD and I am getting back very impressive playback.

Oct 24, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #3,921 of 7,348
isine20

to my ears, neither with cipher or normal cable the highs arent handled well enough. cipher sounds artifical anyway.

i dont want to EQ the sound, and putting treble into lowest doesnt help anyway

i have a copper cable scorpion from toxic cables, it made the sound better but still not good enough

im thinking about getting toxic cables black widow

any suggestions?

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #3,922 of 7,348
I brought home a pair of Isine 20, yesterday.
I tested them for about an hour at my local dealer. I had my Mojo and a Poly (due to courtesy of Chord Electronics) for testing purposes with me.

I also tested the Mr Speakers Aeon
Sine I already have the Audioquest Nightowls I couldn't justify buying the Aeons. It may separate instruments a tad better and may be up front in depth perception but I was missing the Nightowls Bass. I didn't have Hugo2 with me so maybe the Aeons get another try...

So I tried the Isine 20 and was surprised how comfortable they fit me.
The open sound hit me as a surprise.
After a 5 hour session last evening I can say that they separate better and portray a bigger 3D sound scape than Nightowls.

The bass is hitting surprisingly hard, but not as hard as the Nightowls. The bass to me sounds dryer than the Nightowls. I guess ATM I prefere the Bass of the Nightowls, let's see how I am adjusting to this.
After all there is a lot to tinker...
First of all I need a new cable. I was thinking Forza Hybrid IEM, but will check for other suggestions.
And then there are the ROON DSP settings I am looking forward to test, soon.

Cheers

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #3,924 of 7,348
Anyone have any more pictures of the new Cipher v2 cable? There's only one in this thread so far and it doesn't show much.
A couple of us have also asked @Audeze for further details but no reply so far

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #3,926 of 7,348
A couple of us have also asked @Audeze for further details but no reply so far
Would be nice to know if it's going to remain an apple exclusive or if they plan on implementing usb for us Android users, seems that @Audeze originally hinted at a usb version comming but that was quite a while back and there's been no news since wich leads me to believe that it has been abandonned (me thinks Apple stepped in and said no), but hopefully maybe I'm wrong.

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #3,927 of 7,348
Would be nice to know if it's going to remain an apple exclusive or if they plan on implementing usb for us Android users, seems that @Audeze originally hinted at a usb version comming but that was quite a while back and there's been no news since wich leads me to believe that it has been abandonned (me thinks Apple stepped in and said no), but hopefully maybe I'm wrong.

No.

Apple doesn't care and didn't interfere. Implementing USB-C is just harder to do because of various requirements/limitations for various Android devices.

As is, it's definitely not happening this year, but it hasn't been abandoned.

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #3,928 of 7,348
It's not apple - it's that it's not easy to make a USB-C version that works across all Android platforms. I believe that's why they haven't released an Android Cipher. Edit. You beat me to it V1001011106

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #3,929 of 7,348
It's not apple - it's that it's not easy to make a USB-C version that works across all Android platforms. I believe that's why they haven't released an Android Cipher. Edit. You beat me to it V1001011106
I'm willing to believe that Apple didn't interfere, but there's truckloads of dac/amps that work through usb on Android just fine, the only one I've had problems with is dragonfly red, and that's because the digital volume is controlled by the attached device (aka the phone) and some phones don't do that properly, but if the volume is controlled inline with inputs on the cable then there's no problem.
Basically i'm wondering why @Audeze seems to be struggling with something that everybody else can pull off without seemingly breaking a sweat.

Oh and I do hope they don't go with usb-c because whereas a usb-mini to usb-c adapter can be bought for peanuts, going the other way is quite another story altogether, so using usb-c would basically bar most everyone who has a phone over a year old.

And I do hope they aren't actually trying to implement usb-c dac that works across all android platforms as that would not only be virtually impossible seeing as Prior to Android 5.0 there is no USB Dac support in Android, but it would also be pretty useless as usb-c is only used in recent phones and as I said, getting an adapter to plug a usb-c device into an older usb-mini is very challenging and probably wouldn't work for this purpose.

By the way, @V1001011106 you seem to be pretty sure of your info, are you directly in contact with Audeze?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #3,930 of 7,348
I'm willing to believe that Apple didn't interfere, but there's truckloads of dac/amps that work through usb on Android just fine, the only one I've had problems with is dragonfly red, and that's because the digital volume is controlled by the attached device (aka the phone) and some phones don't do that properly, but if the volume is controlled inline with inputs on the cable then there's no problem.
Basically i'm wondering why @Audeze seems to be struggling with something that everybody else can pull off without seemingly breaking a sweat.

Oh and I do hope they don't go with usb-c because whereas a usb-mini to usb-c adapter can be bought for peanuts, going the other way is quite another story altogether, so using usb-c would basically bar most everyone who has a phone over a year old.

And I do hope they aren't actually trying to implement usb-c dac that works across all android platforms as that would not only be virtually impossible seeing as Prior to Android 5.0 there is no USB Dac support in Android, but it would also be pretty useless as usb-c is only used in recent phones and as I said, getting an adapter to plug a usb-c device into an older usb-mini is very challenging and probably wouldn't work for this purpose.

By the way, @V1001011106 you seem to be pretty sure of your info, are you directly in contact with Audeze?

You raise good points only Audeze can say for sure but last they told me not to hold my breath for an Android Cipher. I will say that it's a shame because the Cipher is a very nice option for portable listening and I'm surprised it's not a priority for them. But who am I to tell someone how to run a business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back