Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Oct 21, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #3,901 of 7,348
Anyone know more about iSine VR? I saw it on amazon and the one review suggest it uses lcd4 technology.
They are the same as iSine10 except they come with connectors to use with VR headsets, you won't get the Cipher cable but you will get the analog cable, so you can use them the same way as iSine10s. The technology they share with LCD-4 is the fluxor magnets (single sided only) and uni-force technology but do not share the nano-scale film of LCD-4 or i4.

Oct 21, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #3,903 of 7,348
Anyone use the isine20 with the ifi micro DSD Black Label?

Yes, just got the iFi iDSD BL two days ago.

I have the iSine 10s and just got the iDSD BLack Lable two day ago. Initial impressions, I like it. Gobs of power (obviously) to drive the iSine with authority. I'm a believer in planars like POWER. Sound clean and I think slightly more lively than my NFB-11, which sounds a bit more clinical in comparison to me.

I was a little disappointed initially, because I was expecting more from the Xbass switch... but that was mostly expectation bias due to the rave review and talk of bass performance. In retrospect more would of been less useful and too overwhelming more often, if you use it at the right times with the right songs it nice.

Just my initial impression, I think it a nice complement to my NFB-11 and a nice portable/transportable option that should be able to drive just about anytihing I have now or in the future.

Disclaimer: My only DAC/AMP experience consist of:
1. Sound Blaster E5
2. JDS Labs C5D
3. Audio-GD NFB-11
4. iFi iDSD Micro BLack Lable

obviously the latter two are the only heavy weights on the list.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #3,906 of 7,348
I'm just shocked at how spectacularly bad these are. You can get a HE 400S/400i for a lot less and drive them out of a phone — and the isolation requirements are no different.

I've given up trying to listen to them for classical and am just using them for Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepsen. It's like someone put a blanket over the highs and soundstage. The detail retrieval is just utterly abysmal. I will return these to the apple store tomorrow or Tuesday.

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #3,907 of 7,348
I'm just shocked at how spectacularly bad these are. You can get a HE 400S/400i for a lot less and drive them out of a phone — and the isolation requirements are no different.

I've given up trying to listen to them for classical and am just using them for Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepsen. It's like someone put a blanket over the highs and soundstage. The detail retrieval is just utterly abysmal. I will return these to the apple store tomorrow or Tuesday.

It's just not for everyone. Did you try it with cypher cable or just the regular cable or both?

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #3,908 of 7,348
Cypher from my iPhone 6 Plus and regular through MJ2 w/ tubes and without, as well as through my phone's headphone jack and my 2015 MacBook pro's headphone jack. The sound was relatively unchanged. Obviously out of MJ2 it was better but the difference was marginal at best.

Oct 23, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #3,910 of 7,348
Cypher from my iPhone 6 Plus and regular through MJ2 w/ tubes and without, as well as through my phone's headphone jack and my 2015 MacBook pro's headphone jack. The sound was relatively unchanged. Obviously out of MJ2 it was better but the difference was marginal at best.
Using the cipher cable is a very noticeable change compared to the regular cable. It's not just subjective. So if you don't hear a difference between the cipher cable and the regular cable there must be something else is wrong.

Oct 23, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #3,915 of 7,348

Strange, as my old ears, even with the loss of some of the top end treble, do not feel there is a blanket over the highs, and I am getting a large soundstage.Stating the obvious, read all the reviews, and try before you buy guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back