Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 5, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #3,526 of 7,354
This may be better posted in a different thread but this thread is active so I'll take a shot. Since USB Audio Pro doesn't allow offline storage, is there a decent solution to using these headphones with offline storage? I can go straight to tidal I guess but that apparently results in a volume issue and I think bypasses by DFR DAC. Any sensible solutions aside for a more dedicated desktop set up?

Thanks.

Sep 6, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #3,527 of 7,354
iSine 10 with Forza Audioworks balanced cable on Fiio X5 III
great sound, imaging, separation, detail, not still up to the cypher cable but that's still good !

image.php

Sep 6, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #3,528 of 7,354
I really wonder if as the years go by, they will be able to make a planar as small as, say a Shure 846? ISINE 10 are new favorite IEH....Amazing detail, imaging and airy. They feel and sound so in your head

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #3,529 of 7,354
I really wonder if as the years go by, they will be able to make a planar as small as, say a Shure 846? ISINE 10 are new favorite IEH....Amazing detail, imaging and airy. They feel and sound so in your head
No they don't. They sound 'out of your head' :)

Sep 7, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #3,530 of 7,354
For owners of isine 20 and ZX2,

iam waiting for my isine 20, but my favourite source is ZX2, and i honestly prefer the GUI of sony stock app but it has a 5 band eq ..

So, are there any updates from owners of zx2 ?? did someone settle on the stock app and found nice settings ? or 3rd party apps like neutron, power amp and onkyo is the way to go ??

i have read previous posts which still put the cipher on top .. so did anyone match it or even got close ..

I have read previous posts, just seeking any updates !!

Thanks

Sep 7, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #3,531 of 7,354
I believe you just need to tweak your EQ. Also not all device responds the same to EQ. From what I observed if you apply the same or similar EQ preset between two devices they sounds too different. I get the most detail and clarity using my QP2R and I thought I can make the iSine20 sound like a Stax-like headphone in the upper mids and highs and still give me that solid bass.

I get the best bass response with LPG but I cant duplicate the same highs/upper mids I get from QP2R no matter what I do. Given the supposed flexibility of it's PEQ. I never expect anything from QP2R because it has the simplest EQ (10 band Graphical EQ) but it gives me the most versatility with how much I want to shape the sound of my iSine20.
very interesting to hear about the synergy between the QP2R and the iSine 20!! When we get the QP2R's in i will have to check this out... would you mind telling me/us what EQ setting you like using with the QP2R to help the upper mids and highs with that combination?

Sep 7, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #3,532 of 7,354
Just bought the isine20 yesterday. man, Is comparable to the sound quality of my lcd-2. Lcd-2 is still the one with better sound but consider the size and price of isine20, it's truly amazing.

One complain I have is on couple of tracks, I am getting some distort on high notes. Any of you have experience the same thing? I am listening thru chord mojo connected to my laptop.

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #3,533 of 7,354
Just bought the isine20 yesterday. man, Is comparable to the sound quality of my lcd-2. Lcd-2 is still the one with better sound but consider the size and price of isine20, it's truly amazing.

One complain I have is on couple of tracks, I am getting some distort on high notes. Any of you have experience the same thing? I am listening thru chord mojo connected to my laptop.

not getting any distortion in the highs. try another source for the mojo, maybe strap it to your phone

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #3,534 of 7,354
Even at very high volumes, iSine headphones dont show any distortion. Even at >110 dB, the distrotion is very low unlike other headphones. Check the source and let us know if you see the problem.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 8, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #3,535 of 7,354
very interesting to hear about the synergy between the QP2R and the iSine 20!! When we get the QP2R's in i will have to check this out... would you mind telling me/us what EQ setting you like using with the QP2R to help the upper mids and highs with that combination?

This is my current preset
image.jpg

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #3,536 of 7,354
My (German) review is online: http://headflux.de/audeze-isine-20/

It's probably the least euphoric of all the reviews I've seen in regards to the iSine 20. Still, there are some qualities of the driver that I do not fail to highlight, yet I have to size them up against the negatives. Perhaps somebody is interested in what I have to say. Or in the measurements or how the Audeze app functions.

The review also contains an impulse file to use with JRiver or other software that supports convolution. This way people that do not have the Cipher cable can try out how it would sound if they were using an iOS device.

If you need an online translator, I highly recommend DeepL over Google.

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #3,539 of 7,354
After having my iSINE 20s for about a month I am still absolutely in love with them, they have the clarity and bass response I've always wanted and the EQ with the cipher cable makes it even better. It also makes me want to consider the closed SINEs, how do those compare to these

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #3,540 of 7,354
Review of the Monolith M300s (iSine knock-offs possibly?):

Might be of interest (might not of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back