Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 1, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #16 of 7,352
Open back portable's.......sounds like a crazy idea

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #17 of 7,352
I can't help but think these will be bad.  

I get the feeling the only reason they exist is so Audeze can say "Hey we have iems now too".  They look so unwieldy and at $2500 for the LCD i3 its not my cup of tea.  I'm going to hold out for the LCD i4 they're releasing next month for $5000.  It will sound basically the same but I get a carbon fiber cable.

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #18 of 7,352
  I can't help but think these will be bad.  

I get the feeling the only reason they exist is so Audeze can say "Hey we have iems now too".  They look so unwieldy and at $2500 for the LCD i3 its not my cup of tea.  I'm going to hold out for the LCD i4 they're releasing next month for $5000.  It will sound basically the same but I get a carbon fiber cable.

I think they are trying to attract more consumers like they people who walk into an Apple Store and buy a $500 product because it looks different and has a lightening connector.

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #19 of 7,352
Audeze Rewrites the Rules for In-Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones
The iSINE Series and LCD i3 are the Latest Innovations in Planar Magnetic Technology

Audeze has launched its first series of in-ear headphones. They Incorporate all the technology of the rave-reviewed LCD Collection, including patented Fluxor™ magnets, ultra-thin diaphragms and patented Uniforce™ voice-coil technology. The three new models range in price from just $399 to $2,495. All models include Audeze’s Lightning cable for Apple’s iPhone/iPod/iPad.

As one of the first in-ear planar magnetic headphones, the iSINE Series raises the bar for audiophile sound quality with lower distortion, superior bass response (flat to 10Hz!), and a wider soundstage than any other in-ear in its price category. Designed and assembled at Audeze’s California factory, they worked closely with strategic partner Designworks, a BMW Group Company.
Every part of the iSINE is designed to bring our world-renowned Audeze sound to a global market in a smaller, lighter package. Perfect for all portable devices, the $399 iSINE 10 is easy to drive with an impedance of 16 ohms. It includes both a Lightning cable and a premium analog audio cable with 3.5mm stereo plug. The $599 iSINE 20 features a longer voice coil and at 24 ohms impedance, along with other improvements, delivers higher resolution and more detail than the iSINE 10. The $2,495 LCD i3 features the same nano-grade film as Audeze’s $4000 LCD-4 headphone along with other premium materials.

All three models include Audeze’s Apple MFI-certified CIPHER Lightning cable that takes digital audio directly from your iOS device and uses its own built-in DAC and amplifier for superior audio and improved voice call quality.  

“It’s an avant-garde design without a care for the status quo, these in-ear planar magnetic headphones rewrite the rules in every respect. We’re really proud of this groundbreaking work, another example of how we push headphone innovation to the limit,” said CEO Sankar Thiagasamudram.

The new headphones ship in October and can be pre-ordered today at www.audeze.com and Audeze retailers.
To learn more, visit www.audeze.com

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 1, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #20 of 7,352
They look so awesome! Nothing less from Audeze, they always feature some of my favorite aesthetic choices. I really want a pair but I don't really have the dough to really do it.... looks like I need to hold a yard sale :wink:

I hope the earphones dont just come with the lightning cable as I havent used an Apple device since my ipod nano.

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #22 of 7,352
Consider me interested with the iSine, iSine20 will still be in my budget range, so I'll probably aim for that. I also really happy to see the Cipher cable using standard 2-pin connector, which means we can use it on other IEM as well. It's quite big for in-ear, I imagine the comfort will be a problem somewhat. :)

The LCD i3 though, that's a lot but I would love to see what kind of feat Audeze done to the TOTL IEM.

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #24 of 7,352
can one please sound like the he-6?? JK... kind of. BUT this is probably most excited I've been for a new product release before...

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #26 of 7,352
So has it been confirmed that they're open IEMs? Does that mean it's really only for home use?

The specs on the website confirm that they're open-back.

See it like this: you are getting the Audeze sound in a very small package and can take the in-ears easily with you everywhere you go (traveling for example). Not everybody wants to take a large suitcase with them only dedicated to one full-sized headphone when staying at a hotel.

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #27 of 7,352
The specs on the website confirm that they're open-back.

See it like this: you are getting the Audeze sound in a very small package and can take the in-ears easily with you everywhere you go (traveling for example). Not everybody wants to take a large suitcase with them only dedicated to one full-sized headphone when staying at a hotel.

Still seems a bit silly to me. While everyone cares about audio quality to varying degrees, I don't think anybody MUST listen to the Audeze sound while travelling. Especially if you're taking public transportation, on a flight, or actually around other human beings. I got excited until I saw that I wouldn't be able to use it at work.

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #28 of 7,352
I don't see anything about the LCD-i3 on the website. So what exactly is it? An lcd-3 with this iPhone cable basically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back