Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 1, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #47 of 7,348
Finally someone is doing something new with IEMs instead of just stuffing in more and more drivers.

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #48 of 7,348
What headphone that you will throw in your backpack? In my case, my Sine is living in separate hardcase when I took it around, wouldn't want to risk $450 headphone against all odds that can happen inside a backpack. :D

If iSine can compete or even beat Sine soundwise, I think it's a winner and I'll possibly let go of Sine. For me, it is easier for me to take one isolated IEM and one iSine, than taking a headphone around. YMMV :)

I toss my LCD 3's or hd800's they're durable and I'm not sitting on them or checking them in, they're not made of glass.

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #51 of 7,348
  Finally someone is doing something new with IEMs instead of just stuffing in more and more drivers.

True but BMW Design Works had to do some awesome work to keep these from looking like a science project. I just wonder if it will be as resolving as a 4, 5, or 6 BA driver IEM (i.e. Andromeda, Jupiter, Sirius, Savanna, Django, Dulce Bass etc.) All of those sound great with a good form factor. Although some are considerably more expensive, I think that's what it would take for me to slap two planar drivers on the sides of my head. Albeit, very sexy planar drivers :)

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #52 of 7,348
Possibly the ugliest thing I've seen on the internet today, and that takes some doing considering the amount of ugly one can find on the internet.

Hahaha. It's definitely a polarizing design!

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #57 of 7,348
Seems like it based on the press release, except with LCD-4 type drivers.

yeah, must have been no prototype shown because no websites show any pictures of the LCD-i3. Dont quite understand why they didnt just go with iSine 30 if its just a step up model, seems unnecassarily confusing. 

As far as the design being polarizing, lets just call a spade a spade, they look somewhat ridiculous. Suffice it to say no one will be walking in to an Apple store and buying these on looks alone. But this being Head-Fi, if they give you Audeze sound in an IEM, they will sell like mutha muffin hotcakes.

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #59 of 7,348
  yeah, must have been no prototype shown because no websites show any pictures of the LCD-i3. Dont quite understand why they didnt just go with iSine 30 if its just a step up model, seems unnecassarily confusing. 

As far as the design being polarizing, lets just call a spade a spade, they look somewhat ridiculous. Suffice it to say no one will be walking in to an Apple store and buying these on looks alone. But this being Head-Fi, if they give you Audeze sound in an IEM, they will sell like mutha muffin hotcakes.

Hahaha

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #60 of 7,348
Quote:
  I was wondering who was going to do the first IEM planar...

Originally Posted by all999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure oBravo was first.

Yamaha was first
ph34r.gif

All the way back in 1978 until 1984 ,
20mm diaphragms
Design is no doubt expired by now.

These Audeze sure look interesting,
sure nice to see something like this back again without a small headband assembly to hold them in....
Need to chain up the wallet.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back