Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 3, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #2,911 of 6,486

I don't know if this is a new message or not, but Audeze's website says, "We plan to begin shipping in late March.

I think it was reated to purchases after the preoders
all people that preorder the el8s received a msg from Audeze telling that they would start shipping by the begining of march but it was before the day of the robery and now timming had changed  with the help of those F____N thiefs

Mar 3, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #2,912 of 6,486
Well, I hope you and everyone else gets them as soon as possible, but it's understandable that the robbery would cause a delay.  Sucks all around.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #2,913 of 6,486
I don't know if this is a new message or not, but Audeze's website says, "We plan to begin shipping in late March."

I think it was reated to purchases after the preoders
all people that preorder the el8s received a msg from Audeze telling that they would start shipping by the begining of march but it was before the day of the robery and now timming had changed  with the help of those F____N thiefs

I placed order on Feb 25th and the site still said shipping early March. However I did not receive an email stating any estimated delivery date. And the statement on the Audeze web site about " shipping late March" appeared after I placed my order ..

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #2,914 of 6,486
I see you are an XC owner.  There's a comparison that could really be interesting if you get the time.

I'll do what I can. I have a Magni 2 Uber + Modi 2 Uber at work, Lyr 2 + Uberfrost at home and a FiiO E18 for OTG. I have some vinyl and a Tidal subscription.

I think my ears have mature quite a bit over the past year vs when I was on the audio scene years ago.

I now prefer leaner, faster, and higher resolution. As much as I want to be a closet bass head I just can't enjoy bloated bass now that I've had my XCs. Funny thing is I listen to a lot of metal ranging from death to grindcore along with most other genres so I should be drooling over bass headphones but I prefer clearer phones with lots of detail.

Hopefully the EL8 closed will be be the little brother to the XC and can help give him a break. I made a suspension belt for the XC to help evenly distribute the weight but its still a beast on your head.

Once I do get it I'll give it an initial review the give it a few days to burn in literally and mentally and give my thoughts on the two. Means I'll need to pull out the good ol DSLR and take some shots.

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #2,915 of 6,486
Sweet I hope they sound great and isolate noise leakage reasonably well. I need a pair of on the go closed back cans that sound great and Isolate too. I prefer to listen to great music without inflicting my musical taste upon others, say in doctors offices or strolling through the local mall. I was using my DT 880's, 600 ohm headphones, at the mall, listening to Zappa's Joe's Garages "Catholic Girls" when I ran into a flock of nuns lol. I actually felt bad and would like to use a nice portable set of closed cans. I must be mellowing in my old age lol.

That's why I carry around IEM's in my pocket. :p Unfortunately the case I was using cause me to break the tips bit I've since switched to a better case. Nothing like pulling out some good IEM's vs having to lug headphones around. I have the Senn PX100, Portapro, and V-Moda XS and I go for my IEM's everytime.

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #2,916 of 6,486

YES, the EL8 was developed to be used on the go. So a mobile phone is a reasonable source for them. 
Who needs a mobile headphones like the EL8 to be resolving?! I guess that people are taking the EL8 to the wrong direction. The EL8s are not for sit, relax and enjoy afternoon weekend music on your comfy couch. If this is the goal then move to the LCD line. 
Resolving headphones are better to stay at home 
gs1000.gif

On the go?? You must be joking!! They are almost the same weight as the LCD-2 Bamboo

AUDEZE EL-8 (Open-Back): 460g (without cable)
AUDEZE EL-8 (Closed-Back): 480g (without cable)

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #2,917 of 6,486
As Mike tell us the el8 works better with a good amplifier
is time to start thinking who would be the best candidate to do the job
centrance M8 ,cyberlab teorem 720 ,ifi micro idsd ? others ?
are the lcd planars working with those amps ?

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #2,918 of 6,486
  As Mike tell us the el8 works better with a good amplifier
is time to start thinking who would be the best candidate to do the job
centrance M8 ,cyberlab teorem 720 ,ifi micro idsd ? others ?
are the lcd planars working with those amps ?

This is a very good site for matching headphones to amps based on technical stats. Obviously synergy is going to matter as well but at least it's a start.

http://www.audiobot9000.com/audeze/h/el-8-open-back

Personally I just went for one of the better all-rounders and got a Lyr 2 and just upgraded the tubes to Amperex 7308 Vintage Gold Pins. That amp sings with pretty much any headphone I throw at it even my IEMs. And yes, that's 6 watts into IEM's. ;p

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #2,919 of 6,486

This is a very good site for matching headphones to amps based on technical stats. Obviously synergy is going to matter as well but at least it's a start.

http://www.audiobot9000.com/audeze/h/el-8-open-back

Personally I just went for one of the better all-rounders and got a Lyr 2 and just upgraded the tubes to Amperex 7308 Vintage Gold Pins. That amp sings with pretty much any headphone I throw at it even my IEMs. And yes, that's 6 watts into IEM's. ;p

Funny note about amps to go with the EL-8/LCD....

Anyone notice the specs for the Deckard are different on the User Guide than the Deckard's page?

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #2,923 of 6,486
Ive only had them on 10 mins listing to Beck Morning Phase at the moment on Tidal.

Im definitely liking what im hearing at the moment. i wil have to apologize im not good with audiophile terminology.

They are very rich sounding, bass seem really good and quite deep sounding  but not overpowering, the treble isn't sibilant.

Sorry im not the best at describing what it sounds like, im glad i bought them from what ive head so far.

At the moment its just a really nice and relaxing sounding im gonna give the Beck album a play though and see how it compares on the LCD-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back