Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 5, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #211 of 6,486
  Anything to read into the fact that what appears to be the stock cable is terminated in a 1/8" (3.5mm) connector? The port of the Chord Hugo it's plugged into is one of the two 1/8" ports - the far left one is the 1/4".  

If so that would definitely point towards the portability aspect...

Cheers 

Of course the fact that Jude is playing it on a Hugo attached to an iPhone would as well! 
dt880smile.png

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #212 of 6,486
OH CR@P!!  Just when I thought I was done with headphones for a while, Audeze comes up and tweaks my interest.  Oh well, it's a new year. 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 Would love a closed version that would mate well with my AK100 II.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #213 of 6,486

soooo... if you already put in an order, did they tell you the pricing slash release date?? :):)

Yeah... I know... and while I wasn't explicitly told not to say anything, I'm not ruining the announcement :)  Sorry!

There's no way to satisfy everyone (16 years of doing this has resulted in more than my fair share of interesting phone conversations with individuals that lose their mind at you when you won't meet their demands to sell $10K worth of stuff for $0.99, include free shipping and come to their house and set it up for free)... but having said that, I think they hit a home run with the products they are introducing tomorrow.  My wallet parted ways with a reasonably good chunk of change today (and likely more once more feedback is in on sonics, etc.).... and I think others will have a similar wallet opening experience in the very near future...

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #214 of 6,486
Yeah... I know... and while I wasn't explicitly told not to say anything, I'm not ruining the announcement :)  Sorry!

There's no way to satisfy everyone (16 years of doing this has resulted in more than my fair share of interesting phone conversations with individuals that lose their mind at you when you won't meet their demands to sell $10K worth of stuff for $0.99, include free shipping and come to their house and set it up for free)... but having said that, I think they hit a home run with the products they are introducing tomorrow.  My wallet parted ways with a reasonably good chunk of change today (and likely more once more feedback is in on sonics, etc.).... and I think others will have a similar wallet opening experience in the very near future...

I'll read that as the EL-8's being more reasonably priced.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #218 of 6,486
It's going to be cheaper for sure. This is a portable model designed to 'reach out to a new crowd'. 2 + 2 = cheaper.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #220 of 6,486
Me like.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #221 of 6,486
It certainly looks much more comfortable than their previous models...

:popcorn:

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #222 of 6,486
each cup is hinged on only one side..from the foto..should be featherweight....? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back