Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Aug 8, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #6,196 of 6,486
I acquired a pair of EL-8ti's and I get a little crinkling sound occasionally and a weird imbalance in the left driver if I tilt my head. I'll be contacting Audeze for a replacement/fix.

I think the EL-8ti's are fantastic deal for the price. I did some A/B comparison with my Ether C and was surprised by what I found. While they're clearly not as good in most aspects (minus bass quality/quantity/slam), they hold their own against the Ether C's.

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #6,198 of 6,486
@Dillan Well, I've spent the last 2 hours listening on the EL8-O. Yes, I do like them very much. They are going in for RMA though. Every time I adjust them or move my head at certain angles, I hear the crinkling. The price these sell for, I shouldn't have to merely "accept" that.

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #6,199 of 6,486
  @Dillan Well, I've spent the last 2 hours listening on the EL8-O. Yes, I do like them very much. They are going in for RMA though. Every time I adjust them or move my head at certain angles, I hear the crinkling. The price these sell for, I shouldn't have to merely "accept" that.

I don't blame you, if you hear that consistently then I would send them in too. Speaking of - the Utopia is getting a lot of hype and respect from people and they seem to have an even more emphasized and annoying crinkling going on. Weird..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FlThEB-JAI

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #6,200 of 6,486

I don't blame you, if you hear that consistently then I would send them in too. Speaking of - the Utopia is getting a lot of hype and respect from people and they seem to have an even more emphasized and annoying crinkling going on. Weird..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FlThEB-JAI

I'd love to hear/afford those, but for now. The EL8-O will have to suffice. I'm probably going to continue with the Audeze line.

Aug 10, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #6,201 of 6,486
I'd love to hear/afford those, but for now. The EL8-O will have to suffice. I'm probably going to continue with the Audeze line.

I don't blame you.. I was mostly just comparing because oddly enough they both have weird squeaking. The Audeze brand is the best as far as I'm concerned and my LCD-4's are one of my favorite things I've ever owned.

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #6,202 of 6,486

I emailed Audeze a few days ago. Still waiting for a response. Guess I'll have to call... 

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #6,205 of 6,486
  They sent me an email asking for the important facts, but nothing afterwards. Guess I'll have to call again on Monday.

Wait in line! 
wink.gif
 I'll be calling Monday as well.

They never responded back after my e-mail 5 days ago. 

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #6,206 of 6,486
I saw in another thread to try and contact them through their Customer Service center at https://audeze.zendesk.com/home. Sent then a message and got a response within the hour!?!

They've already got me setup to send back my EL-8ti's for a new replacement. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #6,207 of 6,486
Has anyone purchased the EL-8 Titanium in the past month or so?

I posted this in the EL-8 Closed thread:

The pair I received for reveiew - July 2016 build date - have an oval of thick damping felt inserted under the ear pad, in front of the driver.
This is in addition to the felt ring & thin fabric that's already part of the pad.

Looking through other photos of the EL-8 Ti, it appears that neither original EL-8 closed (2015) nor other recent recent EL-8 Titanium have have that damping material in there. in the other pics people have posted, you can see the fazor things right through the ear pads.

Could it be that Audeze is still tuning the sound of these cans?

Pics of my review unit:

Aug 18, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #6,208 of 6,486
Interesting. My El-8ti's I just sent back didn't have those. They're supposedly sending me a new set and I'll check to see if they have the damping.

I did think they were surprisingly bright for a pair of Audeze. Not very in line with their house sound for sure. That felt would certainly dampen some of the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back