Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 5, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #32 of 6,486

It looks like what you might get if a LCD-3 and a HD 650 made sweet, sweet love together!!! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #34 of 6,486
Like the design despite the wood colour which seems to be necessary to remind people that this a Audeze product.

Jan 5, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #36 of 6,486
Like the design despite the wood colour which seems to be necessary to remind people that this a Audeze product.

Yeah it seems kind of silly that they're completely ditching the retro looking ID (which makes me sad) yet they're still keeping the signature grille.  I agree, it looks like a cheap Sennheiser knock off but I'll wait for more pictures first.

Jan 5, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #37 of 6,486
Looks like the love-child of an HE-560 and a Sennheiser 558.  That wood definitely looks veneer'd.  If you look at its edge on the full-resolution pic, it shows a rough-cut edge, just like the 560.  Yes, and the grills still look like drainage holes.

Jan 5, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #38 of 6,486
They sure look pretty . I wonder what they weigh? Maybe they will not clamp your head in a vice like the present lcd models. After about an hour my lcd2 v2s make you feel like your head is in a vice. I have to take a break and take them off. Between the pressure they put on your skull and the weight they definitely are not the most comfortable headphones for long term listening. And the treble could be more explicit as well.
  My akg older 701s (Austrian made ) are way more extended on the top .Plus you can listen to them for hours they are much lighter and more comfortable for long term listening.

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #41 of 6,486
The cups look like a combination of the HE-560 and LCD's. But the headband is pure Oppo PM-1. Looks like a stunner either way, hope it improves on the comfort of Audeze headphones, that is the one thing I get tired of with my LCD-3's, the weight get's to be a bit much after awhile, especially compared to my HE-560's. Hopefully a comfort improvement doesn't mean the loss of the Audeze house sound though either.

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #42 of 6,486
*sweats*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back