Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 6, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #391 of 6,486
I might be flamed for this, but Jude looks silly with the EL-8 on his head. I really don't like the cheap-looking wood accent on this headphone. It would have looked much better if it was black chrome or titanium. 

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #393 of 6,486
  I don't think I'd characterize the HE-400i and HE-560 signatures as warm, but the Abyss (also single-sided I think) does sound warm to me.

The HE-400i & HE-560 are NOT warm. The Oppo PM-1s are warm. I think the tuning of the sound signature is not dependent on whether the headphones are using single-sided or double-sided magnets. 

I might be flamed for this, but Jude looks silly with the EL-8 on his head. I really don't like the cheap-looking wood accent on this headphone. It would have looked much better if it was black chrome or titanium. 

HA HA! Yes! I actually totally agree. The wood accents does look silly. I think the light wood accents look particularly silly. The darker wood shown in the video later on is acceptable. However, I still like black the best. A chrome or titanium version would be pretty interesting, though hard to say without an image.

Did I hear shipping in February?

YES!!! :):)

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #394 of 6,486
  HA HA! Yes! I actually totally agree. The wood accents does look silly. I think the light wood accents look particularly silly. The darker wood shown in the video later on is acceptable. However, I still like black the best. A chrome or titanium version would be pretty interesting, though hard to say without an image.

Well, I hope Audeze is reading this thread. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #395 of 6,486
 I think the tuning of the sound signature is not dependent on whether the headphones are using single-sided or double-sided magnets. 

True, but that's not what I said. It is about the evenness of the magnetic field, which is more difficult to achieve with a one-sided magnet arrangement,

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #396 of 6,486

Well, I hope Audeze is reading this thread. 
rolleyes.gif

Same here. I already sent them my black mockup version and relayed the sentiments of the forum, just in case.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #398 of 6,486
About the stock cable, I only know that cable will be with remote and mic :frowning2:

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #400 of 6,486
  I like the wood veneer--bring it on.  Light wood is ok with me, how about some burly maple? Can't wait to see someone mod their EL8s with that faux carbon fiber covering. 
evil_smiley.gif

inb4 heavily ghettoed versions of EL-8.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #401 of 6,486
  I like the wood veneer--bring it on.  Light wood is ok with me, how about some burly maple? Can't wait to see someone mod their EL8s with that faux carbon fiber covering. 
evil_smiley.gif

I was thinking that peeling that veneer off and applying a strip of similar leather to the pads could look very cool... don't think I would risk shafting their retail value though!

Since the reaction to the light grain seems to be around 90% negative, if Audeze want two finishes they should go with the nice dark grain and a plain aluminium finish like the mock up above.

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #402 of 6,486
CES 2015 News

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/akg-brings-the-worlds-first-headphone-with-personalized-sound-inspired-by-quincy-jones-300015368.html

+

Panasonic RP-HD10

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #404 of 6,486
  Since the reaction to the light grain seems to be around 90% negative, if Audeze want two finishes they should go with the nice dark grain and a plain aluminium finish like the mock up above.

Somehow it's almost always the negative voices that are the loudest.. Although I do agree that I'd prefer an all black version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back