Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 14, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #3,243 of 6,486

Because he stated quite plainly that he would not publish a negative review. So much for neutrality and integrity!

You're quite good at selective reading:

However, if I don't like them, they'll go back without a review and I'll post my honest impressions here. 

I am just a hobbyist reviewer...it's not my website...but you did NOT mention what I posted here in bold. That is key. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 14, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #3,244 of 6,486
..... but having written reviews for blogs as an enthusiast I wouldn't sacrifice my own spare time to write an exhaustive review of something I really didn't like.

Exactly my position too. I have a very demanding career during the day and even more demanding kids when I get home. Reviewing gear I don't like just doesn't do it for me and I won't waste my time. I don't think you guys are aware of the hours and hours that go into listening, taking notes and then actually writing the review, then editing and re-reading it over and over. And to go through this process for gear you're not enjoying just doesn't make sense to me as I value how I spend my free time; after all...this is just a hobby people. But I do share what I don't like on Head-Fi all the time (and many around here can attest to that).
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #3,245 of 6,486
If anyone is getting the Audeze EL-8, either the open or closed and also has the Senn HD-700; could you let me know how the EL-8 compares to the 700. I am one of the crazy fools in this thread that actually likes the 700 and the comfort and fit; well, except for the spikes in the treble. 

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #3,246 of 6,486
If anyone is getting the Audeze EL-8, either the open or closed and also has the Senn HD-700; could you let me know how the EL-8 compares to the 700. I am one of the crazy fools in this thread that actually likes the 700 and the comfort and fit; well, except for the spikes in the treble. 

...speaking of headphones I'm not a fan of. :p. But as they say YMMV. :xf_eek:

Mar 14, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #3,248 of 6,486
The El8 are not for 'on the move' - half a kilo on you head - are you kidding me.

There is a photo in this thread of a celeb wearing some XCs pit and about like they were beats. Headphones by nature are designed to be portable compared to speaker. Them again people used to carry around huge boomboxes for on the go.

Mar 14, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #3,249 of 6,486
To critics of MacedoianHero:

If you must, make a note of who the reviewer is, then feel free to ignore his review if you so desire. Railing against his relative journalistic integrity as a reviewer is fruitless.

It's a given that one can't change someone else's behavior, so just alter your own. Better yet, listen to some good music. That's really what this whole thing is about anyway.

Mar 14, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #3,250 of 6,486
This is a copy & paste of my YouTube comment to hifiguy528's YouTube unboxing video:

[Video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0RWJ99ZKg8[/VIDEO]

Though this is the unboxing of the open backed variant of EL8, I'm am drooling anyway.
My closed backed version is on its way (alongside my SubPac S2 wearable tactile bass device) and I'm almost certain I made the right choice.

I still enjoy my AKG K 712's, but I use my KEF Audio M500 headphones religiously; the latter are my favourite headphones sonically and ergonomically that I have ever used.

What I wanted was an ultra-fi closed back with the sonics of the above two headphones combined but I cannot afford the Audeze LCD-XC, Mr Speakers Alpha Prime, or Oppo PM1/PM2. So instead I thought about getting a high-end closed back (Beyerdyamic T70, Mr Speakers Alpha Dogs, Oppo PM3, Fostex TH-600, Aedle VK-1, Audio Technica ATH W1000 X, etc).

Yet initial report's on both versions of the Audeze EL8 indicate that both headphones have moved the goal posts of high-end and ultra-fi. They either made a new category between the two or are now what ultra-fi should be.
Hopefully, then, Audeze will attack the extreme-fi niche of headphones (Abyss AB-1266, Stax SR-009, HiFiMan HE-1000, ENIGMAcoustics Dharma) with the technology from the EL8 infused with the LCD line in the future.

Right now, all I want is my closed back EL8. Now. RIGHT THIS SECOND. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back