Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Mar 13, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #3,187 of 6,486

Included that cute fruit basket too!?!  An absolute steal...Love it! LOL

This might be the worst tool to be used as a headphones stand!
It will create a great deal of tension at the centre point of the headband, in few months will be struck by a bended centre point. 
Keep in mind that you are talking about a 480gm headphones. 

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #3,188 of 6,486

It will create a great deal of tension at the centre point of the headband, in few months will be struck by a bended centre point. 

Agreed. The least pressure applying headphone stand I've ever seen are these:

Image Credit: http://headphone.guru/paradox-enigma-louis-flores-recreates-the-fostex-t50-rp-2/

The stands are ROOMs Audio Line Type FS: http://www.thomann.de/gb/rooms_audio_line.html

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #3,189 of 6,486
Mar 13, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #3,190 of 6,486

i agree. better find something nice and rounded. I highly recommend the silverstone headphone stand for people looking for premium type headphone stands without breaking the bank. currently not available on amazon, but I feel like I've seen them at other places. only silver color currently available I think though. holds 2 headphones & has nice rounded top & allows the headphones to hang without the stand part messing with the earpads. the silverstone's offering cheaper than woo's offerings. 

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #3,191 of 6,486
Mar 13, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #3,192 of 6,486

Looks like it has been modified though to take that into account. Certainly that is what I would do.

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #3,193 of 6,486

A reviewer with expectation bias, nearly certain to experience confirmation bias also. I suspect they will send you their products to review forever 
biggrin.gif

There are a few companies that have rarely let me down with new releases...Audeze is definitely one of them. A very strong track record...nothing wrong with that...plus I'm not going in totally blind...have you seen how they measure on the Audeze website? Very impressive! However, if I don't like them, they'll go back without a review and I'll post my honest impressions here. 

Having had 4-5 years of impressive experiences from a particular company (like Audeze) has raised my expectations (as it should). Other companies have been hit or miss...or just miss and miss. I've had the LCD-2, LCD-2.2, LCD-3, LCD-X and LCD-XC and loved every one; so you can see from where I get my high expectations. That's 5/5...see a trend? Plus, I'm a hobbyist, not a professional reviewer. 
wink.gif

I've known Sankar for going on 5 years now and consider him a good friend that I've made here on Head-Fi. I was thoroughly shocked (in a good way) when the initial LCD-2s were released (I bought them very early on) and became a fan of the company and their track record of releasing great sounding headphones has continued through the years. Would you rather I keep that to myself?
rolleyes.gif
 Look we all have biases on things, but when I review gear, it's always my honest impressions that come through. Some gear I thought I'd not like, but I ended up loving it; and other gear the exact opposite. I have very high hopes for the EL-8s based on my experiences with the company and the measurements...my listening sessions with the loaner pair I'm getting will be based ENTIRELY on what I hear. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back