Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015
Jan 23, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #1,831 of 6,486
  Thanks @Beagle
I really appreciate the thoughts bro

You are very welcome. Lot of illness going around.....just took my mom to the hosp, in ICU, critical, pneumonia, breathing, low blood pressure....winter can be rough on the older people.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #1,833 of 6,486
You think 6 models is too much?

Most manufacturers have a much larger number of models. Sennheiser has 9 sport, 5 travel, 57 music and entertainment portable, 24 wireless TV headphones, 9 high-end headphones, 12 DJ headphones, 7 hearing aid headphones, 12 PC headsets, 8 studio headphones, 12 aviation headsets, 2 audiometry and 6 broadcast headphones :wink:

Exactly and companies like Sennheiser have millions of different headphones compared to Audeze who in reality when compared, hardly have any :)

You are very welcome. Lot of illness going around.....just took my mom to the hosp, in ICU, critical, pneumonia, breathing, low blood pressure....winter can be rough on the older people.

Actually, I'm just recovering from a really bad cold that felt like I was totally going to die so I totally sympathise with all who are going through this horrific illness right now also which can effect anyone at any age really.

Get well soon everyone :)

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #1,834 of 6,486

DAMN! I had pneumonia last year - POST-CES!
was out for a MONTH!!

SO sorry to hear that bro...

Good News: SO psyched to hear my production EL-8 SHOULD be 3-4 days away!

AND: I'm getting my Alpha Prime Updated by Dan at MrSpeakers (I wrote the first review of the Prime actually at Headphone.Guru before it launched at Canjam) - because I think that will be a good headphone for some comparisons - 
planar, closer in price, etc...

W/ my pre-production EL-8 - there were things I preferred on the Alpha Prime (bass extension for one)
and the EL-8 (fit, and soundstaging)

SO - its gonna get interesting!!

Listened pretty damn extensibly to get a serious image of the Primes performance pre-update
vs the Update!! Rocked it ALL-week last week

and SOON - the EL-8 GAMES BEGIN!
I have faith in Audeze - I think they will deliver!

I'm enjoyin' my pre-production open-backs,
so, if it only gets better...

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #1,835 of 6,486
was out for a MONTH!!

AND: I'm getting my Alpha Prime Updated by Dan at MrSpeakers (I wrote the first review of the Prime actually at Headphone.Guru before it launched at Canjam) - because I think that will be a good headphone for some comparisons - 

W/ my pre-production EL-8 - there were things I preferred on the Alpha Prime (bass extension for one)

Listened pretty damn extensibly to get a serious image of the Primes performance pre-update

Will you also get the production el8 closed back headphones also to review? :)

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #1,836 of 6,486
Will you also get the production el8 closed back headphones also to review?
smily_headphones1.gif

I will be YES.
They're just gonna take a bit longer to get!!!!

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #1,838 of 6,486
  Thanks @Beagle
I really appreciate the thoughts bro

RIGHT ON!
Thanks for being patient and understanding!! I'm jonzing for a final EL-8 like an audible junkie :) 
you guys really remind me, when the chips are DOWN,
that we ARE a COMMUNITY - different tastes and ALL

Sincere THANX

you're welcome bud !
and the sense of community is one of the best things about head-fi
i played football, and baseball in my younger years, TEAM sports
i didn't always agree with with everyone, but in the end, we were on the same team
with the same goal !
same thing hear, enjoying our tunes, through our gear !

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #1,839 of 6,486

Interesting 
wink.gif

@Mike, that'd be great if you could tell us if the Open-Back EL-8 are really capable to compete with the other headphones in their price range.  (e.g. Oppo PM-2, HE-500, HE-400i, Alpha Dog, HD650, etc.)

We're hearing a lot of contradictive reports about the performances of the EL-8 and I hope that the strategy is not the same that Canon and Nikon have adopted when they have decided to start manufacturing smaller cameras with a large sensor. Micro 4/3 cameras.  (e.g. Create smaller products with average performances to not impact their DSLR sales.)

It's totally understandable that the Open-Back EL-8 will not compete with the LCD-X and the LCD-3 but in my opinion the EL-8 should offer at least 95% of the performance of the LCD-2F to be a competitive product versus the other headphones in their price range.

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,840 of 6,486

Interesting 
wink.gif

@Mike, that'd be great if you could tell us if the Open-Back EL-8 are really capable to compete with the other headphones in their price range.  (e.g. Oppo PM-2, HE-500, HE-400i, Alpha Dog, HD650, etc.)

We're hearing a lot of contradictive reports about the performances of the EL-8 and I hope that the strategy is not the same that Canon and Nikon have adopted when they have decided to start manufacturing Micro 4/3 cameras.  (e.g. Create smaller products with average performances to not impact their DSLR sales.)

It's totally understandable that the Open-Back EL-8 will not compete with the LCD-X and the LCD-3 but in my opinion the EL-8 should offer at least 95% of the performance of the LCD-2F to be a competitive product versus the other headphones in their price range.

Canon and Nikon never did manufacture m4/3 cameras.

You meant the EOS M and Nikon 1 line of products?

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #1,842 of 6,486
was out for a MONTH!!

The lack of bass extension in the el8 is a concern in comparison to what is a relatively neutral phone in the alpha....our maybe this is just the owner of a th900 being worried? I don't need all the bass and sub bass of the th900...but 80% would be nice :)

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #1,843 of 6,486
The lack of bass extension in the el8 is a concern in comparison to what is a relatively neutral phone in the alpha....our maybe this is just the owner of a th900 being worried? I don't need all the bass and sub bass of the th900...but 80% would be nice :)

OH - I love the TH900!

and, 80%? IMO - you'll get that, at-least, via EL-8!!

Just got final word LAST NIGHT:

Got a Production EL-8 on the way!!!
So:
First Production EL-8 Early Impressions coming ASAP!!

and having heard the original prototype after T.H.E Show Newport last year (which I kept tight-lipped on - and a highly respected fellow Head-Fier did as well - and was blown-away)

and hearing developments up through CES...

I am SO psyched for what's coming, because, I know in my gut (and NOT merely because I'm an Audeze devotee) that EL-8 is gonna turn some heads!
Also because: No matter what the differing opinions are - all based on pre-production cans - look at the level of interest here?!?!

and - they WILL deliver.

More ASAP!!!!

My Alpha Prime should be back and fully updated SOON too (the ones I reviewed were an early/pre-production model - since MrSpeakers kept fine-tuning after...)
That will make for a great comparison there!

and I'll be using others too 
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #1,844 of 6,486
OH - I love the TH900!

and, 80%? IMO - you'll get that, at-least, via EL-8!!

Just got final word LAST NIGHT:

Got a Production EL-8 on the way!!!
So:
First Production EL-8 Early Impressions coming ASAP!!

and having heard the original prototype after T.H.E Show Newport last year (which I kept tight-lipped on - and a highly respected fellow Head-Fier did as well - and was blown-away)

and hearing developments up through CES...

I am SO psyched for what's coming, because, I know in my gut (and NOT merely because I'm an Audeze devotee) that EL-8 is gonna turn some heads!
Also because: No matter what the differing opinions are - all based on pre-production cans - look at the level of interest here?!?!

and - they WILL deliver.

More ASAP!!!!

My Alpha Prime should be back and fully updated SOON too (the ones I reviewed were an early/pre-production model - since MrSpeakers kept fine-tuning after...)
That will make for a great comparison there!

and I'll be using others too 
biggrin.gif

lol no offense, but wldnt it b kinda hard to be objective & critical abt these headphones if u alrdy decided tat they will deliver...? lol. i think everyone here is alrdy rly hyped & xcited for these, but now just wonderin abt sound sig & potential flaws.

sounds rly xciting to b able to play w these early tho! im jelly :p

Jan 24, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #1,845 of 6,486
lol no offense, but wldnt it b kinda hard to be objective & critical abt these headphones if u alrdy decided tat they will deliver...? lol. i think everyone here is alrdy rly hyped & xcited for these, but now just wonderin abt sound sig & potential flaws.

sounds rly xciting to b able to play w these early tho! im jelly :p

I don't mean to add to the hype - 
wholeheartedly - I'm just expressing how I feel about them - from the heart - uncensored...

But I'm going to put that Production unit through its PACES!!!!

you have my word.

and NO - I learned from one of the Founders of high-end audio, so I know how to remain objective while being "Excitable"!
If I think the Production unit doesn't deliver, and I'm wrong - I'll say so LOUD & CLEAR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back