Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Mar 27, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #541 of 711
My current headphones just died (V-Moda M100).  I am done with V-Moda.  I have not had good luck with their warranty service.  How long is the EL8 warranty for?  How good is Audeze's warranty service and general customer service?  I am pretty broke right now, but I plan on buying an EL8 Closed when money becomes available.  Maybe towards the end of the year if I can be so lucky.  If I ordered them from Guitar Center how likely could I get the current version of the EL8 Closed?

Thank you

Riley

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #542 of 711
  My current headphones just died (V-Moda M100).  I am done with V-Moda.  I have not had good luck with their warranty service.  How long is the EL8 warranty for?  How good is Audeze's warranty service and general customer service?  I am pretty broke right now, but I plan on buying an EL8 Closed when money becomes available.  Maybe towards the end of the year if I can be so lucky.  If I ordered them from Guitar Center how likely could I get the current version of the EL8 Closed?

Thank you

Riley

Warranty service is quite excellent. They support all their products, from headphones through accessories. It is also my understanding that upon completion of the warranty service, the time may reset. You'll have to read about that though. Their warranty service, I know, is top notch.

I'd recommend purchase from RazorDog for best assurance of the latest model, and the best deals. You may not have to save for quite as long 
wink_face.gif

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #543 of 711
I have only good things to write about Audeze support! Bought a pair of second hand EL-8 Titaniums, but they had the crackling issue in both cups. Audeze replaced them with a brand new model straight from the assembly line!

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #545 of 711
I know this is going to sound odd, but I will try.  I just recently got out my UE TripleFi 10 iems and from memory think they sound close the the EL8 Closed that I tried a year ago.  I don't know about detail retrieval, but the general sound signature to me is astonishingly similar. I actually prefer them to my Shure SE846 sound signature wise even knowing the Shure's have better detail retrieval.  Am I on to something here with this comparison?  North of neutral bass slightly colored mid, but close to neutral and nice energy up top and decent separation of instruments.If anybody could also point me in the direction of an iem that sounds similar please PM me.  Looking for $1k or less.

Thank you

Riley

Aug 10, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #548 of 711
So does anybody know if Audeze is releasing a version 2.0 of these soon? They supposedly had those at a private lounge in a NY show a couple of months ago, and may have had them in CES last week.
Was anybody there? Does anybody know what this version 2.0 is about? And when it's available?
what version 2 ? Anyone know about this?

Aug 11, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #551 of 711
There is no 'version 2.0'. It was just a bad choice of words by whoever wrote the invitation to the NY show. What they meant was the 2016 revision.

i confirmed this with Audeze a while back over the phone and via email. I'm happy with my Ti so no complaints from me on this front. Actually I asked a few moths before I purchased. I even emailed Audeze a link to that thread. I believe they were telling the truth. There has not been much if any mention of the 2.0 lately. It was exactly that a bad choice of words. Nothing more.

Take care

Riley

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #552 of 711
Just got the Titaniums, inspected 10/4/16

They seem bass light. I used bass light cans like K553 before, but Titaniums feel like there is huge dip in bass. This is running them from m9xx. Haven't tried the cipher cable yet

Does the bass improve after a while ?

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #553 of 711
Just got the Titaniums, inspected 10/4/16

They seem bass light. I used bass light cans like K553 before, but Titaniums feel like there is huge dip in bass. This is running them from m9xx. Haven't tried the cipher cable yet

Does the bass improve after a while ?

I have the titanium and run the 3,5 mm cable to my Fiio X5 1st gen on high gain and find the bass to be enough for me. I also run it directly out of my laptop and desktop Dell pcs. I cannot complain about bass. It is a bit North of neutral, but to me personally i don't find the bass to be too much or too little. You very well could have different sound preferences to me and that's cool.

Take care

Riley

Aug 26, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #554 of 711
...I'd recommend purchase from RazorDog for best assurance of the latest model, and the best deals. You may not have to save for quite as long

Thanks sheldaze, I was looking for a good deal on a pair of EL-8 closed and Razordog is offering new headphones at demo price for today only, so I pulled the lever and my EL-8 closed are on their way.

That will make my fourth pair of Audeze headphones: LCD-3, LCD-XC, Sine, and now EL-8 closed. I plan on using the EL-8C at work to hopefully address an intolerable situation where my group has been temporarily located to the hangar floor during construction of our new office. Since it is very noisy we need good sealing headphones. I don't have the problems with the Sines fit like many others, but they do not seal well. I originally purchased the LCD-XC for the office but I am afraid to leave a pair of $1800 headphones laying around a busy construction zone. I am hoping the EL-8C will get me through, hopefully they will become my new work cans.

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #555 of 711
I read on this forum that some of you are looking for a person who can make cables for the EL-8 with the odd connector. Charleston Cable Company made a balanced one for me to use with my EL-8 and Pono Player as this is my mobile set up. Charleston cable made great cables for me and I highly recommend them. I had a short time frame and the accommodated me as well. Great to deal with and very good prices in my opinion. If you have any trouble just PM me and I will try to help

Regards
FBFA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back