Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Jan 27, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #512 of 711

How old are we talking that did not have the foam?  I tried some Titaniums on January 5th of 2016 at an Apple Store.  Did those have foam?

The post I was referring to is actually from this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/761161/audeze-el-8-closed-version-impressions-thread/420#post_12795733

They describe it as felt and not foam. And the headphones are from July.
It says the earlier version of the Titanium did not have that, so I'm guessing the ones you saw on January didn't have it yet. But it's just speculation.

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #513 of 711
Thanks for the picture! My last pair that got returned did not have that foam, thats for sure. These came in the white outer box. They were inspected 2-19-16, so that gets my hopes up for at least getting a more reliable pair in return then :)

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #515 of 711

BTW, I got no carrying case with these whatsoever, not even the pouch.
I know Audeze's travel case for the EL-8 is a little too snuggly (better for the Sine).
What do you guys use?

I tried using the Audeze case a couple of times on the go (previous owner included this in the deal) , before sending the headphones to be swapped. It's really snug and tight indeed..and I would not mind using it if I had more traveling distance between my home and work.  And I really do like the build quality of the case.
But I found the HiFiMAN case cheap on eBay and I pulled the trigger, did not receive it in time due to the RMA on the headset. So I hope it fits or can be modified properly to the EL-8's :)

Beware, it is a big boy:

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #516 of 711
I tried using the Audeze case a couple of times on the go (previous owner included this in the deal) , before sending the headphones to be swapped. It's really snug and tight indeed..and I would not mind using it if I had more traveling distance between my home and work.  And I really do like the build quality of the case.
But I found the HiFiMAN case cheap on eBay and I pulled the trigger, did not receive it in time due to the RMA on the headset. So I hope it fits or can be modified properly to the EL-8's :)

Thanks!
That is big, maybe too big to carry around. When you get your phones back I would appreciate a pic with them inside it :)

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #518 of 711
Thanks!
That is big, maybe too big to carry around. When you get your phones back I would appreciate a pic with them inside it :)

No problem! I should have the replacements here in a week or so! Yeah it is big! But I was hoping to be able to put them in the case without having to remove the cables from their sockets every single time, for wear & tear purposes on day to day basis.

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #520 of 711
No problem! I should have the replacements here in a week or so! Yeah it is big! But I was hoping to be able to put them in the case without having to remove the cables from their sockets every single time, for wear & tear purposes on day to day basis.

That would be good if they can't move around inside so that pressure is applied on the cable connections. That is worse than wear and tear :)

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #522 of 711
Did Apple stop selling Audeze products?  Specifically the EL8?  I called the store at Union Square in San Francisco and asked if they had the EL8 and Isine.  I am going to a concert in SF in April so I thought I would try them and pick up an EL8 while I am there.  The store told me no they are no longer carrying Audeze products.  They said they will not be getting anymore in and are trying to sell what little left they have online only which are only the open EL8.  Can anybody confirm or say this is not correct?

Thank you

Riley

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #524 of 711
  Interesting. They still have all three editions in store, as of now at least, on the Norwegian Apple Store. 

The the Open Back EL8 and Titanium are still available and so are the Sine.  I must have had internet problems.  Sorry  Just the Standard Closed Backs are not showing up as available for online purchase or in store pick up for me.  Apple Store in San Francisco told me they are no longer carrying Audeze.  The girl I spoke with must have been poorly informed or something.  I PMed a member from Audeze.  They said they do not know what the issue is, but do not believe it is correct.  They said they got the Closed Standard to show up as available on there end.  Sorry for the bit of incorrect information earlier.  I was wrong and I apologize.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #525 of 711
Finally!!

The return of a brand new EL-8 TI, fresh outsidere the production line! Manufactured/inspected 1-20-2017, and I could not have asked for more! :D

Oh, and the horrible crackling in the cups when slightly moving my head or opening my mouth? It's all gone!

I am so happy now!

And here is how the cups look inside:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back