Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #530 of 711
Chord Mojo + EL-8C are more detailed, a touch clearer and at times more enjoyable than my Geek Pulse + Burson Soloist + LCD-3F, and I'm not sure what to make of it.
I know the vanilla Pulse is a weak link in my chain, but I'm wondering if that's all there is to it.
The LCD-3 don't sound better out of the Mojo than out of the Pulse+Soloist, but maybe it's because the Mojo doesn't have the amount of power they require to shine, while it has more than enough for the EL-8C.

Makes me wonder how much better would a good DAC make the 3's sound, or whether the Soloist is not adequate to drive them to their full potential.

I mean, it can't be that the EL-8C are inherently more detailed than the LCD-3s, right?

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #531 of 711
  Chord Mojo + EL-8C are more detailed, a touch clearer and at times more enjoyable than my Geek Pulse + Burson Soloist + LCD-3F, and I'm not sure what to make of it.
I know the vanilla Pulse is a weak link in my chain, but I'm wondering if that's all there is to it.
The LCD-3 don't sound better out of the Mojo than out of the Pulse+Soloist, but maybe it's because the Mojo doesn't have the amount of power they require to shine, while it has more than enough for the EL-8C.

Makes me wonder how much better would a good DAC make the 3's sound, or whether the Soloist is not adequate to drive them to their full potential.

I mean, it can't be that the EL-8C are inherently more detailed than the LCD-3s, right?

That is great information.  When I get the EL8 Closed I was thinking about pairing it with a Mojo in the future as funds become available.

Thank you

Riley

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #534 of 711

I do have Shanling M1--> MOJO with EL-8 closed and LCD-2. I thought, I am the only one who likes Mojo with EL-8 CLOSED than Mojo with LCD-2. Don't know what I need to power correctly these LCDs.

Feb 21, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #536 of 711
Today at work I listened to some of my favorite albums out of the Mojo + EL-8C and I was just floored by the level of detail and texture. Stuff that I never noticed before with the LCD-3F. 

I feel like I've been living a lie for the past 3 years 
confused.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #537 of 711
How would you compare EL8 Closed vs OPPO PM-3 ?
I'm looking for some closed back headphones, great isolation, wide soundstage, good bas, details, etc
So i already own the OPPO PM-3 but I will send them back, the main reason : too tight, not comfortable for me.

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #538 of 711
  How would you compare EL8 Closed vs OPPO PM-3 ?
I'm looking for some closed back headphones, great isolation, wide soundstage, good bas, details, etc
So i already own the OPPO PM-3 but I will send them back, the main reason : too tight, not comfortable for me.

When you refer to PM-3 being tight, are you talking about the ear cup? I participated in the home demo of the PM-3, and did not purchase because of the ear cup size issue. The EL-8 is much more comfortable.

In terms of sound quality, each of the major competitors at that price point vary in sound character quite a bit - Æon, EL-8, and PM-3. Having not heard the PM-3 in a while, I did recall it being almost bright. The EL-8 is darker, or simply more relaxed sounding. You probably need to read the threads, if the sound character is also important.

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #539 of 711
PM-3 have a high pressure on my ears
Yes, the ear cups are a bit small, but that's not too bad
I'd like to know the comparisons between PM-3 and EL- 8 closed, for isolation / leaked sound and soundstage
Thank you

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #540 of 711
These are too flat for my ears. I thought i will get used to it but I couldn't.
Did anybody change the pads on EL-8's, would like to hear some impressions from you?
Which pads can fit these fine?

Thanks!

P.S. Temp solution with napkins :) inside works but pads feel hard and uncomfortable after some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back