Audeze CRBN Interview, Review, Measurements
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #1,892 of 1,903
I did not know that Rinaro has experience with estat drivers. That is interesting.
Unfortunately their future plans were focused primarily on the Isodynamic Hybrid Array drivers, when I was last in contact with them 1-2 years ago

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #1,893 of 1,903
is that their house sound is very Musical and engaging and not another sterile bright tuning like stax or

I wouldn't call my L500 mk2 very bright or sterile, I certainly wouldn't call the 007 that either.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #1,894 of 1,903
Just got my CFA3 back after repairs and finally able to listen to CRBN again after a while. I’m listening through Mjolnir SRD-7 with Audeze preset in Roon and it brings a lot of joy to my ears, especially that delicious bass and vocals. Treble tonality isn’t as natural as CA-1a nor Valkyria but still very very good and airy. All this makes me realize how much I’ve missed the CRBN.

May 1, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #1,895 of 1,903
I got a Blue Hawaii with upgrades in on Monday. According to the builder it is about 6% less output voltage then the legendary BHSE but has other upgrades that may make it sound better.

Can confirm that my 007 and CRBN both sound better then they do out of my 717, interestingly the "Stax farts" on both are louder and sound different.

Since I have such a ridiculous amp now I am thinking of getting a Stax X9000, since I can always sell it if I don't like it.

I feel like since I already have a CRBN this is kinda a ridiculous side-grade. I love good bass hence the CBRN and the 007, the most legendary bassy estats.

Anyone else have the X9000 and the CRBN at the same time? Thoughts?

May 1, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #1,896 of 1,903
I got a Blue Hawaii with upgrades in on Monday. According to the builder it is about 6% less output voltage then the legendary BHSE but has other upgrades that may make it sound better.

Can confirm that my 007 and CRBN both sound better then they do out of my 717, interestingly the "Stax farts" on both are louder and sound different.

Since I have such a ridiculous amp now I am thinking of getting a Stax X9000, since I can always sell it if I don't like it.

I feel like since I already have a CRBN this is kinda a ridiculous side-grade. I love good bass hence the CBRN and the 007, the most legendary bassy estats.

Anyone else have the X9000 and the CRBN at the same time? Thoughts?
I have the BHSE with CRBN and L700. Used to own the 009 and heard the X9k on my system many times. Yes, you can have both the CRBN and X9k in your inventory. The sound signatures definitely complement each other well and is well suited in the collection with the BHSE if desired.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #1,897 of 1,903
I have the BHSE with CRBN and L700. Used to own the 009 and heard the X9k on my system many times. Yes, you can have both the CRBN and X9k in your inventory. The sound signatures definitely differ and complement each other.
I agree with this, CRBN and x9k complement each other very well

May 2, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #1,898 of 1,903
I agree with this, CRBN and x9k complement each other very well
I am considering either the GX mini or Feliks-Audio ENVY to drive my ZMF Calderas. I already own the DAVE, but do not foresee being settled with its sound signature all the time. Which amp would you recommend with the Calderas between the two?

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #1,899 of 1,903
I am considering either the GX mini or Feliks-Audio ENVY to drive my ZMF Calderas. I already own the DAVE, but do not foresee being settled with its sound signature all the time. Which amp would you recommend with the Calderas between the two?
Perhaps it’s better to direct this question to the Caldera thread?

May 2, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #1,900 of 1,903
Perhaps it’s better to direct this question to the Caldera thread?
Perhaps, but Harry has the devices I inquired about, so I asked here. If a private message is better suited than I will redirect.

May 2, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #1,901 of 1,903
Perhaps, but Harry has the devices I inquired about, so I asked here. If a private message is better suited than I will redirect.
I could be wrong, but I can’t seem to find Caldera in his signature. That’s why I posted my earlier message.

May 2, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #1,902 of 1,903
I could be wrong, but I can’t seem to find Caldera in his signature. That’s why I posted my earlier message.
True, I saw the ZMF VC. I will redirect, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back