Audeze CRBN Interview, Review, Measurements
Nov 12, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #1,546 of 1,907
are you driving the CRBN with the CFA as power amp and Manley as preamp through the SRD-7?
That’s correct, so I’m getting a flavor of 300B sound with CRBN.

Nov 12, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #1,547 of 1,907
Took advantage of Audeze’s annual B-stock sale and ordered the CRBN.
Looking forward to listening to it and comparing to my Susvara and X9000.

@normie610 , are you driving the CRBN with the CFA as power amp and Manley as preamp through the SRD-7?
Nice! I am just waiting for new stock to come to AV One in Singapore. Waiting for the signal from Jeremy. :)

Of course, when I was in two minds, AV One had ready stock. But as soon I decided I wanted one, there was none. Heheh!

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #1,548 of 1,907
If anyone has an ifi iESL they'd like to sell... Please let me know.

Thanks so much.

Nov 21, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #1,550 of 1,907
I didn’t find the CRBN and LCD-5 that similar. Bass is more pronounced on the CRBN and it has a warmer overall signature. Of course how different you want your headphones to sound is a personal taste kind of thing. GLWS.

Nov 21, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #1,551 of 1,907
I didn’t find the CRBN and LCD-5 that similar. Bass is more pronounced on the CRBN and it has a warmer overall signature. Of course how different you want your headphones to sound is a personal taste kind of thing. GLWS.

Actually I agree with you. I should have mentioned that I'm equing both headphones with the Audeze presets and sometimes to the Harman Target.

After EQ I feel like the LCD-5 is like a Super HD600 and the CRBN is like a Super HD650. Slightly different flavour but similar. I'm thinking I'd rather have something completely different instead of 2 similar flavours.

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #1,552 of 1,907
Actually I agree with you. I should have mentioned that I'm equing both headphones with the Audeze presets and sometimes to the Harman Target.

After EQ I feel like the LCD-5 is like a Super HD600 and the CRBN is like a Super HD650. Slightly different flavour but similar. I'm thinking I'd rather have something completely different instead of 2 similar flavours.
I just picked up a HE1000 v2 and it is a nice contrast to my Audeze headphones. And at $1999 is in my opinion a very good deal.

Nov 23, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #1,553 of 1,907
Update to my early impressions, CRBN has become my favorite headphone these last couple of weeks. I replaced the power cord of my Mjolnir SRD-7 box (now using TWL Ten Plus), and it brings positive improvements. Sound has opened up, not as warm as before, and most importantly timbre and tonality have also become a lot more accurate and natural, very close to CA1a & SR1a. And this is still with Roon CRBN preset at 75% wetness.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #1,554 of 1,907
Took advantage of Audeze’s annual B-stock sale and ordered the CRBN.
Looking forward to listening to it and comparing to my Susvara and X9000.
Well first impressions…
I’m really liking what I’m hearing.
It’s an estat with a bit of warmth in character and very good midbas and bass foundation.
It slightly reminds me of the LCD-4, which I’ve owned for years and really loved.

So far, compared to the X9000, it sounds less clinical, more musical. The Stax is technically better (more resolution, wider and sharper soundstage and imaging), but the CRBN (atm) better connects you to the music.

It has a planar-like sound but still has the advantages of an estat.
Soon I’ll compare it to my Susvara and my upcoming Spirit Torino Pulsar.

Nov 27, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #1,555 of 1,907
Well first impressions…
I’m really liking what I’m hearing.
It’s an estat with a bit of warmth in character and very good midbas and bass foundation.
It slightly reminds me of the LCD-4, which I’ve owned for years and really loved.

So far, compared to the X9000, it sounds less clinical, more musical. The Stax is technically better (more resolution, wider and sharper soundstage and imaging), but the CRBN (atm) better connects you to the music.

It has a planar-like sound but still has the advantages of an estat.
Soon I’ll compare it to my Susvara and my upcoming Spirit Torino Pulsar.
Can't wait for all the Pulsar comparisons

Nov 29, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #1,556 of 1,907
I continue to be impressed by CRBN. What amazes me is now the tonality and timbre are just spot on. Bass is also really impressive! Both classical and jazz sound perfect. Its best trait on my system is the vocals, just wow! Not even the ribbon duo (CA1a & SR1a) can compete with CRBN in terms of vocals.

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #1,557 of 1,907
So.... Couldn't resist anymore and jumped on the Adorama deal. They should be better Friday. Now I guess I need to restart researching amps...lol!

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #1,558 of 1,907
So.... Couldn't resist anymore and jumped on the Adorama deal. They should be better Friday. Now I guess I need to restart researching amps...lol!
What was the Adorama deal?
Enjoy, these are some great headphones

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #1,559 of 1,907
What was the Adorama deal?
Enjoy, these are some great headphones
$2,999 for A-Stock. 5% off with their card, or 12 months 0% interest. Plus, I had $5 in Adorama bucks!

Dec 7, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #1,560 of 1,907

Users who are viewing this thread

Back