Audeze CRBN Interview, Review, Measurements
Dec 7, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #1,576 of 1,907
if it wasnt for the fact that I would have to go out and get an amp for them I might be willing to give them a try
If your CFA3 has speaker out, you can just buy the SRD-7 from Birgir (Mjolnir Audio) and you use it with CFA3. It sounds amazing.

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #1,577 of 1,907
Dec 8, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #1,578 of 1,907
If your CFA3 has speaker out, you can just buy the SRD-7 from Birgir (Mjolnir Audio) and you use it with CFA3. It sounds amazing.
He can also adapt a switcher for expansion.

Dec 8, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #1,579 of 1,907
it doesnt unfortunately

Dec 15, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #1,580 of 1,907
Well...looks like I have a set of CRBN on the way courtesy of the adorama deal!

I first listened to these at canjam in February and was floored. I planned to buy later next year when I could replicate the set up I heard them on (Mjolnir carbon + some high end denafrips dac, maybe terminator or Venus II), but this deal for a new set was too tempting.

I'm thinking of a relatively budget friendly amp/dac to bridge to the higher end stuff. Considering the Stax SRM 353x, SRM 400S, or Mjolnir Octave II SE for amp, then one of the lower end Denafrips dacs (Ares or Pontus II)

Any recommendations?

Dec 15, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #1,581 of 1,907

I first listened to these at canjam in February and was floored. I planned to buy later next year when I could replicate the set up I heard them on (Mjolnir carbon + some high end denafrips dac, maybe terminator or Venus II), but this deal for a new set was too tempting.

I'm thinking of a relatively budget friendly amp/dac to bridge to the higher end stuff. Considering the Stax SRM 353x, SRM 400S, or Mjolnir Octave II SE for amp, then one of the lower end Denafrips dacs (Ares or Pontus II)

Any recommendations?
There are a couple of Pontus II's in the classifieds, and I LOVE mine (with my Woo Audio WA5-LE).

As for an amp, I'm in the same boat, and I picked up a Stax SRM-007t coming from Japan. I plan on upgrading but that's my hold-me-over amp for now.

Dec 15, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #1,582 of 1,907

Any recommendations?
The Mjölnir stuff is generally great

Dec 15, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #1,583 of 1,907

Any recommendations?
@spritzer of Mjolnir Audio does have a few modded amps on his website at any one time. Why don’t you write to him at the email address and seek his views. I recall he had the CRBN on hand at one point in time. But he will likely be able to advise. :)

Dec 15, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #1,584 of 1,907
@spritzer of Mjolnir Audio does have a few modded amps on his website at any one time. Why don’t you write to him at the email address and seek his views. I recall he had the CRBN on hand at one point in time. But he will likely be able to advise. :)
Important:
Write him an email, even tho he has a head-fi account, he doesn't read PMs (or very irregularly)

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #1,586 of 1,907
@Audeze

I had a small issue with my CRBN. Audeze customer support (thanks Mark and Christian at Audeze HQ) in the USA worked quickly with their distributors in France to reach a resolution that I was thrilled with.

and I wasn't even the first owner of the headphones. The whole process took less than 3 weeks and the delays were on my end.

I'm very impressed by how the company stands by its products and the after sales service matches the premium price tags.

Hope more people support such manufacturers. :beerchug:

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #1,587 of 1,907
many reviews said they're no good, comeon, CRBN can't be that bad, FR almost the same as SR-009, sometime Stax lovers just love to overcriticize newcomers
009 is way brighter sometimes unlistenable without any impact. CRBN beats it without problems is easily a new level in sound quality for e stats.
I don't know how people pay over 7000€ for something like the X9000. I know somebody who has X9000, SR009, CRBN and the new Utopia 2022 and said to me the Focal is better then the others. The CRBN has much much more body the all Stax. For the 2990 USD deal I saw the last time here is the CRBN a must buy!!!

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #1,588 of 1,907
009 is way brighter sometimes unlistenable without any impact. CRBN beats it without problems is easily a new level in sound quality for e stats.

As an all rounder I would choose CRBN any day of the week over the SR009S and SR007.

If I'm listening exclusively to classical, female vocals etc I might favour the SR009S but I don't like to be genre limited by any headphone.

mtoc likes to stir the pot by bringing up some controversial opinions in various forums :wink:

Dec 16, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #1,589 of 1,907
As an all rounder I would choose CRBN any day of the week over the SR009S and SR007.

If I'm listening exclusively to classical, female vocals etc I might favour the SR009S but I don't like to be genre limited by any headphone.

mtoc likes to stir the pot by bringing up some controversial opinions in various forums :wink:
When a headphone for such a lot money cannot play all genres it's too expensive!!!

Dec 16, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #1,590 of 1,907
it's really fine to remove and re-edit the posts partially to protect the oldcomers... but those video reviewers they can't change nothing, videos are out, as records, sadly many v-reviewers don't praise the CRBN high enough, not sure why, maybe just the Stax house sound is too much and lasting too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back