Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Dec 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #256 of 820
Quote:

Thought 'bout april/may. Price 2499 or 2899

Please provide a shred of evidence at the very least, particularly as this is your first or second post and nobody knows you. You are only doing a disfavor to both Audeze and yourself when you say something this important so off-handedly. A link or your relation to Audeze would be nice.

People should be a little more skeptical as well. I don't see Audeze suceeding in selling a closed headphone for $2500 that will almost certainly be sonically inferior to the supposed "cheaper" LCD-3 flagship. It just makes no sense.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #257 of 820
Please provide a shred of evidence at the very least, particularly as this is your first or second post and nobody knows you. You are only doing a disfavor to both Audeze and yourself when you say something this important so off-handedly. A link or your relation to Audeze would be nice.

People should be a little more skeptical as well. I don't see Audeze suceeding in selling a closed headphone for $2500 that will almost certainly be sonically inferior to the supposed "cheaper" LCD-3 flagship. It just makes no sense.

Well there's the pricy Sony r10...

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #258 of 820
Quote:
Well there's the pricy Sony r10...

The Sony R10 was a statement product along the lines of the Sennheiser Orpheus. It was never created or sold to create much of any profit. It used technology and engineering that is impressive even by today's standards because of the massive costs and time that went into them.

Audeze is not a Sennheiser or Sony, and probably does not have the resources both monetarily and in R&D to take up such an endeavor. I don't think the LCD-3 is going to shift away as their flagship anytime soon, not that it needs to.

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #260 of 820
Quote:

koTECH's crystal ball is very clear that the last two digits in the price will be 99...the more important digits and the release date are blurry.  Time to consult a Magic 8 Ball.

I'd rather that be digit, as in singular.

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #262 of 820
Is there any real information from Audeze avbout the price? I just want to know if this is intended to be a 1k or rather 2k headphone. I seriously wish manufacturers would go back to making good headphones for 1k.

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #263 of 820
Quote:
Is there any real information from Audeze avbout the price? I just want to know if this is intended to be a 1k or rather 2k headphone. I seriously wish manufacturers would go back to making good headphones for 1k.

I imagine it will depend on whether they use the LCD-2 or LCD-3 as the basis (or both).
Hoping personally for the former, not only because of the price, but I actually prefer the LCD-2 over the LCD-3 (I'm probably the only one on Head-Fi in that camp..)

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #264 of 820
Quote:

Again, this is not actually a headphone intended for production. This is merely a proof-of-concept, an "I did it, see?" that Audez'e brought out to gage interest. There is no immediate, direct lineage going forward yet into an item intended for production.

This question simply cannot be answered with a proof-of-concept intended for production. It's like seeing one of those LA Auto Show Design Challenge entrants (which are merely conceptual, non-running cars designed by companies to suit a certain need far into the future, by which point they'd be considered obsolete anyways), and asking how much that'll cost the average man when it hits the dealerships, as a Fox News commentator did whilst covering the auto show. Since the car isn't ever intended to be sold, it's a fallacious question.

If and When Audez'e puts out an actual production-intent closed-back can, we can start judging pricing. But for now, any guess put out is absolutely pure speculation.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #265 of 820
Quote:
Again, this is not actually a headphone intended for production. This is merely a proof-of-concept, an "I did it, see?" that Audez'e brought out to gage interest. There is no immediate, direct lineage going forward yet into an item intended for production.

This question simply cannot be answered with a proof-of-concept intended for production. It's like seeing one of those LA Auto Show Design Challenge entrants (which are merely conceptual, non-running cars designed by companies to suit a certain need far into the future, by which point they'd be considered obsolete anyways), and asking how much that'll cost the average man when it hits the dealerships, as a Fox News commentator did whilst covering the auto show. Since the car isn't ever intended to be sold, it's a fallacious question.

If and When Audez'e puts out an actual production-intent closed-back can, we can start judging pricing. But for now, any guess put out is absolutely pure speculation.

I am also kind of surprised that with all the people around who are selling various mods of various headphones that no one has tackled this as a conversion.

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #267 of 820
There have been some Audeze foolery. Finding success hasn't been easy nor cheap. Feel free to donate pairs of your LCD-2's to various DIY'ers.

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #268 of 820
Quote:
I am also kind of surprised that with all the people around who are selling various mods of various headphones that no one has tackled this as a conversion.

Me too actually. Maybe it's because people'd rather not take a screwdriver to a $2000 headphone that's been having some QC issues...

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #270 of 820
Quote:
Have you guys seen this?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/510742/lcd2-woody-grill

If you mess with the wood it affects the sound.

Didn't the maker say that it doesn't mess with the sound or that he didn't want it to mess with the sound? 
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:
Me too actually. Maybe it's because people'd rather not take a screwdriver to a $2000 headphone that's been having some QC issues...

I thought those QC issues are a thing of the past though? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back