Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Oct 22, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #661 of 820
  It's just polite to source something when you copy it - and quote it in text formatting.

I honestly thought he was trying to pass Tyll's writing as his own opinion.

I agree...sourcing it just removes any doubt and everyone is happy. I thought that info was excellent, so he certainly deserves to be acknowledged for it. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #663 of 820
Just read Asr's comments on the new Audeze lineup. I appreciate the detailed response. The initial reviews seem to be all over the place. The very first reviews last week seemed to be that the XC had noticeably less bass slam then the LCD 3, and now more recent impressions are the exact opposite. I'm not questioning anyone's opinion I just find it a little odd. I guess we will find out when headfier's finally have them in their possession. Personally I'm interested in the XC because my LCD 3's cranking out at night are basically equivalent to computer speakers, I have been looking forward to a isolated Audeze sound. Hopefully this fits the bill. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #664 of 820

I agree...sourcing it just removes any doubt and everyone is happy. I thought that info was excellent, so he certainly deserves to be acknowledged for it. 

No I was just posting information, it was not supposed to look like I wrote it.

The initial reviews seem to be all over the place. The very first reviews last week seemed to be that the XC had noticeably less bass slam then the LCD 3, and now more recent impressions are the exact opposite.

No suprise there then.... That seems to happen with most headphones

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #665 of 820
After reading Asr's comments, it appears the XC is bassy after all. My faith in Audeze has been (partially) restored! :wink:

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #666 of 820
After reading Asr's comments, it appears the XC is bassy after all. My faith in Audeze has been (partially) restored!
wink.gif

Seems to happen a lot when people are posting first impressions of headphones, someone will say it is the bassiest thing since sliced bread and then someone will say it is lacking bass etc etc. This will go on for a month or so and eventually you will be able to get some sort of consensus lol... Considering that Audeze's trademark is the awesome ruler flat bass they would be silly to change this.

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #667 of 820
I've read a couple impressions now saying the XC tends to be bassier than the X, which makes sense to a degree.  What I don't get is why Asr would liken that bassiness of the closed Audeze to the Audio Technica AD2000.  I've not tried that headphone but I've never heard anyone describe any of the open air Audio Technicas as bassy.

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #668 of 820
I've read a couple impressions now saying the XC tends to be bassier than the X, which makes sense to a degree.  What I don't get is why Asr would liken that bassiness of the closed Audeze to the Audio Technica AD2000.  I've not tried that headphone but I've never heard anyone describe any of the open air Audio Technicas as bassy.

I think he was referring to the AD2000s treble forwardness/aggressiveness..

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #672 of 820
One Question I have :  Does the XC "leak sound" outside ?      Does it isolate well ?

Indeed, many "closed headphone" in fact do not isolate very well ! 

I myself have a TH-900 that I love, but it is totally impossible to use it near someone that try to sleep or listen to the TV, and for this reason I am tempted to buy a SIG Pro or Edition 8 that do NOT leak like my TH-900 does !   But... if the XC also isolate well this will be for me a better choice than e SIG PRO I believe...

thanks

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #673 of 820
With all this talk of Orthos... why is no one mentioning the mids or treble? Is there not a thickness associated with Orthodynamic [or Planar Magnetics]... there is more to music than Sub Bass

That said... eww I was hoping for a LESS Bassy [but still ruler flat] Auzude... another headphone I'll have to hear my self

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #674 of 820
  With all this talk of Orthos... why is no one mentioning the mids or treble? Is there not a thickness associated with Orthodynamic [or Planar Magnetics]... there is more to music than Sub Bass

That said... eww I was hoping for a LESS Bassy [but still ruler flat] Auzude... another headphone I'll have to hear my self

isnt that what people are saying about the x?

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #675 of 820

isnt that what people are saying about the x?

ooooh that's good to hear <3 but oh wait it's OPEN -.-

I don't want another open can... well actually I do. I wouldn't mind the X as an upgrade to my HE 400 but LAWL seeing as teh HE 6 is cheaper... I might skip the X [or not actually as I need a new amp for the HE 6] so that said... TO EXPENSIVE. The only headphone to warrent spending upwards of 2,000 is something that would UPGRADE MY FREAKING w1000x -.- [which will soon be balanced] 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back