Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Oct 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #692 of 820
The LCD-Xs are literally the headphones of my dreams.  A few months ago I had a dream that I got a pair of black LCD-2s and they were perfect headphones.
I also like how they title the LCD-X(C) vs. the LCD-2/3: "Reference-level" and "Closed Back" vs. "State of the Art" and "The Game Changer".  'Yeah, our other cans are great, but this one is closed!'

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #693 of 820
  The LCD-Xs are literally the headphones of my dreams.  A few months ago I had a dream that I got a pair of black LCD-2s and they were perfect headphones.
I also like how they title the LCD-X(C) vs. the LCD-2/3: "Reference-level" and "Closed Back" vs. "State of the Art" and "The Game Changer".  'Yeah, our other cans are great, but this one is closed!'

The LCD X is the nicest looking headphone I have ever seen.... I want one just because it looks nice...

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #694 of 820

The LCD X is the nicest looking headphone I have ever seen.... I want one just because it looks nice...

I was surprised how much nicer my LCD2s looked in person. They are truly a work of art, IMO...and sturdy as hell. 

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #695 of 820
I thought the XC was the nicest I'd seen. Mmmmmmm, wood.

Wait, that just sounds wrong :xf_eek:

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #696 of 820
I thought the XC was the nicest I'd seen. Mmmmmmm, wood.

Wait, that just sounds wrong
redface.gif

Don't worry, your secret is safe with us :wink:

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #699 of 820
So.... did someone actualy tested the XC now ? 

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #701 of 820
I love how fast and easy it is to fall victim to those headphones... almost as much as to women...
Sadly Ive made my decision. Im not falling for more temptations!

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #702 of 820
There's some new impressions on the XC on this Phil Area Meet thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687628/philadelphia-are-meet-10-26-leesure-extravaganza

Here's arnaud's impressions fo the X and XC:

I could hear the X and XC briefly in Tokyo this week end. Driven by audeze dac/amp prototype or hifi m-8 or ifi stack. What surprised me is the much brighter sound signature than I am used to with Audeze. The bass was pretty amazing, in particular when driven from the centrance dac/amp combo.

I also liked the fact that the XC does not sound like your typical closed phone: tight bass, no cavernous / nasal sound and pretty open staging.

That said, I found both X and XC too bright for my tastes, a bit shrill/harsh with some rock recordings I sampled (all from the vendors rigs). I wished I could compare against the previous lcds but looks like there was no space left in the suicases for those.

I think those looking for an exciting sound might really like the audeze. I see myself more attracted by the fostex planar prototype, the voicing and comfort being much more to my taste. I also listened to the mad dogs (actually the 3D printed cans) through the mjolnir but again found it too forward in the mid/highs and preferred the fostex voicing.

It was thus surprsing for me to find out that most of the recent planar offerings are going for quite detailed / bright sound signature. I have plenty of upper register detail with my 009 so not in the market, but I can imagine these new generations of planar phones finding a large audience in the market.

Arnaud

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #703 of 820
Also, a lot of X, XC, Vali, RP Prototype etc. impressions from CanJam here: http://www.audio360.org/events_a0004_canjam-2013_an-audio360-special-report.php

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #704 of 820
  There's some new impressions on the XC on this Phil Area Meet thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687628/philadelphia-are-meet-10-26-leesure-extravaganza

Here's arnaud's impressions fo the X and XC:

mmm I'm very happy to hear it's BRIGHTER than what Azude has offered in the past. Very tempted to get a LCD x and sell off my He 400 and DT 880! And i'd have to try the XC before I'd hvae it replace my w1000x but it's a possibility [maybe] 

Either way, I hear more and mroe positives about the X :D I might be getting one before the summer comes 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back