Audalytic AH90 - All in one Streamer, DAC, Heapphone Amp
Jan 16, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #229 of 374
I understand that, but I meant the firmware file.
Where can I get it for AH90?
The firmware file is somewhere in this thread and there is no "MacOS version". In fact it is an image file of a debian linux that provides the network and streaming functionality. As it is stored on the micro SD card accessible at the back of the device, I recommend owners to flash the firmware on another (new) micro SD card and just swap them. This will eliminate any risk associated with the firmware upgrade and you have a backup SD card with the (old) firmware in case the other one fails. This is especially useful when flashing the BETA firmware that contains bugs.
I will test swapping the SD card when I have time and let you know, but I'm sure this works.

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #230 of 374
The firmware file is somewhere in this thread and there is no "MacOS version". In fact it is an image file of a debian linux that provides the network and streaming functionality. As it is stored on the micro SD card accessible at the back of the device, I recommend owners to flash the firmware on another (new) micro SD card and just swap them. This will eliminate any risk associated with the firmware upgrade and you have a backup SD card with the (old) firmware in case the other one fails. This is especially useful when flashing the BETA firmware that contains bugs.
I will test swapping the SD card when I have time and let you know, but I'm sure this works.
Yup all is mentioned on the R26 firmware upgrade instructions pg 1 of that thread halfway down.
Link here.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/gus...bit-dual-native-decoding-music-bridge.963630/

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #231 of 374
@GUSTARD I have two questions:

Can you confirm that the next firmware release will contain the fix for the random MAC address annoyance? We need the device to have a static MAC address for the music players to remember the device and quality settings. Right now we have to select the AH90 as the output device every time the input/source is switched to LAN and after every poweroff.

I noticed the debian linux exposes SSH on port 22. Do you mind sharing the SSH key/password with us? :)
This would allow us to adjust the ifconfig and set a static MAC address, set a static IP address and adjust the config of the audio stack, etcetc. This would be extremely useful!

Jan 16, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #232 of 374
Oh, that makes sense, the SD card swap is great idea!
I'm sure it will work, I did it when I had a Raspberry streamer. But so far the issue is that I don't have an image file of the BETA firmware.

Jan 22, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #235 of 374
@GUSTARD Grabbed one of these to compare to my R26. With the beta firmware DSD upsampled by HQPlayer is great but at PCM 768 there is a distortion before every song starts to play.
Hi, I have also r26 and love it with s17pro amp for headphones, I consider to take the Audalytic for my bedroom and use it with iems, do you think, the soundquality of audalytic is anywhere near the r26? (using the renderer on both...) many thx

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #237 of 374
@GUSTARD I have two questions:

Can you confirm that the next firmware release will contain the fix for the random MAC address annoyance? We need the device to have a static MAC address for the music players to remember the device and quality settings. Right now we have to select the AH90 as the output device every time the input/source is switched to LAN and after every poweroff.

I noticed the debian linux exposes SSH on port 22. Do you mind sharing the SSH key/password with us? :)
This would allow us to adjust the ifconfig and set a static MAC address, set a static IP address and adjust the config of the audio stack, etcetc. This would be extremely useful!

@GUSTARD really should fix this, finally. I have run into the issue that Roon neither could detect my KEF LS50 II nor the AH90, yesterday. The reason was that my router gave the AH90 the same ip address the KEFs already have (their ip address is fixed). The problem was solved by switching from AH90's LAN input to USB and back.

The AH90 is causing lots of entries in the ip address history..

Attachments

• IMG_20240127_103744.jpg
    IMG_20240127_103744.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240127_103520.jpg
    IMG_20240127_103520.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240127_103550.jpg
    IMG_20240127_103550.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #238 of 374
Hello!
I wanna buy the Fiio PL50 linear Power supply for the DAC. This will improve the sound quality? 12V 3A the power supply this is compatible for the DAC right? Anybody have experience about this? I connecting right now the DAC with USB to my computer. But I read here better if I use LAN cable this is true? Do I need some software or just a LAN cable? Never used my DAC before with LAN conecting. Thanks.

Jan 27, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #239 of 374
Hello!
I wanna buy the Fiio PL50 linear Power supply for the DAC. This will improve the sound quality? 12V 3A the power supply this is compatible for the DAC right? Anybody have experience about this? I connecting right now the DAC with USB to my computer. But I read here better if I use LAN cable this is true? Do I need some software or just a LAN cable? Never used my DAC before with LAN conecting. Thanks.
Yes a linear power supply will improve noise level as long as it is well built.
All you need is a LAN cable set the appropriate settings on your cpu. For the R26 and A26 LAN is the best sounding input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back