Audalytic AH90 - All in one Streamer, DAC, Heapphone Amp
Jan 30, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #243 of 374
Hello.
Yesterday I tried to connect the DAC direct to my PC with a lan cable. But unidentified network connection and can not recognize the pc the device. I choose the lan connection option on the DAC after write out on the screen ready. Anybody know how exactly need to do like this? I don't have router only a ethernet cat6 lan cable. Thanks

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #244 of 374
Hello.
Yesterday I tried to connect the DAC direct to my PC with a lan cable. But unidentified network connection and can not recognize the pc the device. I choose the lan connection option on the DAC after write out on the screen ready. Anybody know how exactly need to do like this? I don't have router only a ethernet cat6 lan cable. Thanks
I haven't tried direct connect from PC or laptop to the AH90. I decided for an access point or router booster to a tiny network.
Positives:
- more devices can communicate.
- works like a charm.
Casa Nobile

To run a computer cable to the AH90 your computer will require you to act as a server. This software layer allows the tiny computer in the AH90 to communicate using protocols. If you use USB the laptop has software installed to interpret signals (drivers). USB uses universal PnP protocols for this connection. To direct connect via the RS Jack requires a software layer run on your computer to enable networking. I don't believe it is plug and play. Good luck with your adventures. I am happy.

Jan 31, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #245 of 374
Anybody know how exactly need to do like this? I don't have router only a ethernet cat6 lan cable. Thanks
The simpliest method is to buy/place a network switch in between (plug and play). You can do it without. But needs some level of configuring your PC's OS settings.

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #247 of 374
After installing the CH34 Driver update, or attempting to upgrade firmware for the Gustard Audalytics AH-90,has anyone other than me experienced:
Chinese characters on the Windows 11 login screen after switching on?

I did have problems with running the January update of the Gustard Audalytics DSD/Menu update ver. 6 (not 5). I used a new Microdrive formatted for FAT32. Unfortunately, the firmware update was unsuccessful.

Can it be that the CH34 Driver could be behind the malfunction?
After trying to update the firmware to the vers 6 Beta, and having concerns, I thought my PC might require rerunning the CH34 driver again. Since this update was not successful, I am alarmed that Chinese characters on the Windows 11 login screen after switching on has become repeatable. Furthermore, that the disturbance is showing up on the Microsoft Login page has me quite nervous and worried about data protection and system security issues.

This development is very, very unnerving.

I want to avoid at all costs being a victim of Chinese spying. No DAC or other device is worth being prey to such a dangerous development. I want to completely understand, in detail, what effort is going into making sure these matters remain error free and free from dangers. Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge of these matters?

Currently, Gustard uses software supplied by another company for delivering these firmware updates. These updates are not properly translated, nor are there any written guarantees stating that these software updates are free of spyware and associated issues. It is impossible for a backdoor to be installed under such conditions.

The inferior quality of the firmware updating process is a negative for consumers. It is intimidating to non-technical consumers.
The Utility they use to provide firmware updates is poorly programmed and features a mixed up, mash up of Chinese and English characters. This isn't rocket science; it is a mistake to let such issues creep along. It shows a disregard for what buying customers think and displays a lazy attitude toward taking care of them. If you take care of them, THEY will take care of you.

Please share your experience. If any of you resolved such issues, I would very much enjoy it if you were to contact me.

Feb 2, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #248 of 374
I have done a good deal of research since my last message regarding the appearance of Chinese characters in my Windows login screen. I do not have the final answer to the appearance, but I want to remove Gustard Audalytic as the cause of the malfunction. One clue was that although Chinese appeared, eventually Norwegian appeared once. That clued me to the potential, that Microsoft localizing services could have updated their own code. It was just a hunch. So I logged out of their services. After logging out and then in two times, the strange experience of seeing languages I don't speak seems to have disappeared.

I still am optimistic about the intention of Gustard to improve our customer experience regarding how they improve the release of firmware. I can only praise their intelligence in developing wonderful products such as the Gustard Analytic AH90 and the A26 and R26. If they solve the rollout of new firmware, I will be the first to give them 5 stars.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #250 of 374
I have not ever understood his comment either.

With WiFi it's abouut EMI.
If you want to use WiFi with Ethernet port equipped audio device, connect it with ethernet cable to a WiFi repeater like this.

More in general, noise rejection is one of most important topics of audio device design. It costs some money and in fact devices of different price levels differ usually just in this. High end device design is about reducing noise sources and isolating audio signal from noise influences as much as possible.

Noise can influence DAC device analog output in 2 ways:
- directly by affecting analog section
- indirectly by affecting digital section (for example floating ground potential causing DAC clock inaccuracy)

DACs differ in noise rejection level. Higher end devices have:
- digital inputs treated against noise incomming in analog form through metallic interconnect cables
- jitter on digital inputs lowered as much as possible
- isolated grounds of digital and analog section
- separate power supplies for digital and analog section

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #251 of 374
With WiFi it's abouut EMI.
If you want to use WiFi with Ethernet port equipped audio device, connect it with ethernet cable to a WiFi repeater like this.

More in general, noise rejection is one of most important topics of audio device design. It costs some money and in fact devices of different price levels differ usually just in this. High end device design is about reducing noise sources and isolating audio signal from noise influences as much as possible.

Noise can influence DAC device analog output in 2 ways:
- directly by affecting analog section
- indirectly by affecting digital section (for example floating ground potential causing DAC clock inaccuracy)

DACs differ in noise rejection level. Higher end devices have:
- digital inputs treated against noise incomming in analog form through metallic interconnect cables
- jitter on digital inputs lowered as much as possible
- isolated grounds of digital and analog sectionI
- separate power supplies for digital and analog section
The Audalytics is connected to a repeater: The repeater is connected by CAT 7 to a Gigabit switch. The speed is more than adequate because it is nearer the modem. I do not presently own a device like the one you displayed, but it looks very nice to have when one is traveling.

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #252 of 374
@Deutschefach from which country did you buy your AH90 ? I'm looking at one, I already have a roon subscription, so using roon is not an issue for me.

@camrector Do I understand correctly, the AH90 is optimised for roon ? This looks great to me, but I would have to use a wifi repeater (TPlink RE330, or similar) or a power line network adaptor, to get the lan into the AH90.

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #253 of 374
@Deutschefach from which country did you buy your AH90 ? I'm looking at one, I already have a roon subscription, so using roon is not an issue for me.

@camrector Do I understand correctly, the AH90 is optimised for roon ? This looks great to me, but I would have to use a wifi repeater (TPlink RE330, or similar) or a power line network adaptor, to get the lan into the AH90.
I believe so. Gustarenderer just works better with Roon than any other protocol. (No clicks, pops, dropouts etc etc)
Wifi repeater is great to use. Highly recommend FMCs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back