ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Dec 15, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #5,026 of 9,748
Dec 15, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #5,027 of 9,748
Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #5,028 of 9,748
Cocobolo Atticus in the house!

After letting the cold package warm up (good advice from Zach), I unpacked & briefly admired them, then plugged in for ~150 hrs burn-in.

These headphones are very handsome. Cocobolo has fairly dramatic grain, yet the overall visual effect is understated & classy. The all-black frame & other components perfectly complements the rich wood color.

I couldn't help but listen to 1 tune. Cold as can be, the Atticus already sounds quite balanced, slightly warm, engaging, ear-friendly. Music "gets big" in a hurry on this headphone, just like it does on the Eikon.

More to follow after burn-in...

Dec 15, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #5,030 of 9,748
ok thx to everyone for the advices... in the end i pulled the trigger for the camphor atticus.
i hope to get punch and zero sibilance... i'll update when they get to me :)

my Atticus has only burned in 3-4 hrs, but already "punch & zero sibilance" are exactly what I'm hearing (this is on the V281, a very transparent amp).

it's way too early to make conclusions--I fully expect the sound to change somewhat over the 150 hrs of burnin--but already I'm appreciating the balance of the Atticus (how well everything hangs together sonically,like music does IRL or on a really good 2 channel stereo system)--also how expansive the soundstaging is for a closed design.

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #5,031 of 9,748
Cocobolo Atticus in the house!

After letting the cold package warm up (good advice from Zach), I unpacked & briefly admired them, then plugged in for ~150 hrs burn-in.

These headphones are very handsome. Cocobolo has fairly dramatic grain, yet the overall visual effect is understated & classy. The all-black frame & other components perfectly complements the rich wood color.

I couldn't help but listen to 1 tune. Cold as can be, the Atticus already sounds quite balanced, slightly warm, engaging, ear-friendly. Music "gets big" in a hurry on this headphone, just like it does on the Eikon.

More to follow after burn-in...

Congrats!

Mine has arrived also, and it was hard sitting there looking at that package and knowing i had a 2 hour wait to get to them.

I just started listening. These cans are simple gorgeous, no other way to put it.

I am sure they will sound as good as they look.

Zach, thanks for everything man..you rock :)

DSC00284.JPG DSC00285.JPG

DSC00288.JPG DSC00292.JPG

DSC00319.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00282.JPG
    DSC00282.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00313.JPG
    DSC00313.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Dec 15, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #5,032 of 9,748
Congrats!

Mine has arrived also, and it was hard sitting there looking at that package and knowing i had a 2 hour wait to get to them.

I just started listening. These cans are simple gorgeous, no other way to put it.

Love the dark grain contrasts.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #5,033 of 9,748
Congrats!

Omigod those are beautiful!! I just got my own cocobolos (very handsome, indeed)--but I'm having an envy attack anyway!

"It's a wood thing"

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #5,034 of 9,748
Congrats!

Gorgeous!! Congrats and enjoy.

Dec 16, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #5,035 of 9,748
Congrats to all who received them. They look gorgeous indeed! As does that crackhouse! :)
My coco Eikons are on their way and coming in on Monday FedEx tells me.
There will probably be a slight delay though as FedEx usually sends me a mail to pay import first. So probably Tuesday.
And the cherry on the cake is my Massdrop HD6XX is arriving the same day. Ordered those centuries ago it seems.
I've had the camphor Atticus for a few weeks now and I can confirm the Atticus has ample punch and sibilance is unknown to it.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #5,036 of 9,748
Congrats!

Oh my god, your cups are exactly what I wanted. I asked for something reddish with a wavy, psychedelic grain. I am officially super super jealous. I guess maybe as not as red as my ideal but still, hnnngh.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #5,037 of 9,748
Congrats!

Beautiful pair of headphones and that wood grain is to die for!

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #5,039 of 9,748
Looking for some opinions, I own a pair of audeze lcd3f and I'm interested in buying either atticus or eikon to compliment them, I primarily listen to metal, edm and rock. So which pair would be less like the lcd3f? I'm pretty sure the eikon is but do they sound good with these genres or am I better off with atticus?

Dec 17, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #5,040 of 9,748
Anyone paired these with the Schiit Jot? Thinking of getting a pair of the Atticus in Paduk.

I have an Atticus coming some time in the next couple weeks to pair with my Jot. I also have an Eikon which pairs nicely. I'll let you know about the Atticus once they arrive, though my guess is that the synergy will be good since the Atticus is warm enough to not be affected by the Jot's somewhat bright treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back