ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Dec 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #4,936 of 9,748
Oh darn, the I'm looking for the best closed headphones money can buy that's portable. Any suggestions if the Eikon is too heavy? would the Sony ZR1 be the same bulkiness?

For at home I can just get the Focal Utopia or Senn HE1.

I second the MrSpeakers Aeon Closed. I owned them for a while and they are the most comfortable and lightweight closed back over-ear headphones I've used, with great sound quality as well.

Dec 5, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #4,937 of 9,748
How's the portability of the Eikon? I'm looking for a closed back headphone for walking and work and was wondering if these are flight enough for everyday use? sound leakage? and can they be driven by say a LG V20/30 quad DAC smartphone?

Also where is the ZMF Eikon made in ? China? USA?
Check out the B&W P9. It has a slight v-shape to its signature (but so does the Z1R), but is definitely designed to be portable despite its apparent size.

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #4,938 of 9,748
Check out the B&W P9. It has a slight v-shape to its signature (but so does the Z1R), but is definitely designed to be portable despite its apparent size.

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing! It has a mic too I think so super convenient.

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #4,941 of 9,748
Zach, any chance we could see the pics of the cocobolo sets as promised? When do you expect the first of the LTD editions to start shipping?

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #4,942 of 9,748
Zach, any chance we could see the pics of the cocobolo sets as promised? When do you expect the first of the LTD editions to start shipping?

Yes pics!

IMG_6860.jpg IMG_6864.jpg IMG_6867.jpg IMG_6868.jpg IMG_6870.jpg

The production pages have been updated as well. Since we are doing these all in a batch, they are all in testing right now. A few sets will ship out this week, with the majority next week, followed by barnyard cherry!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 5, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #4,944 of 9,748
Yes pics!

The production pages have been updated as well. Since we are doing these all in a batch, they are all in testing right now. A few sets will ship out this week, with the majority next week, followed by barnyard cherry!

OH BABY :open_mouth:

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #4,945 of 9,748
Yes pics!

It's drool-bucket time...

Dec 5, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #4,946 of 9,748
Absolutely stunning.

What's a good wooden stand for these? Something less than $50, I was looking at a few types on amazon or ebay but I'm new to this game. I don't want something that's going to be too small or stretch them out over time.

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #4,947 of 9,748
Absolutely stunning.

What's a good wooden stand for these? Something less than $50, I was looking at a few types on amazon or ebay but I'm new to this game. I don't want something that's going to be too small or stretch them out over time.

Have you searched this thread for the word stand? This has been asked before and answered.

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #4,948 of 9,748
Have you searched this thread for the word stand? This has been asked before and answered.

Yeah, and most people are recommending either non-wood stands or the Woo audio headphone stand (also not wood) which is more than I want to spend.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #4,950 of 9,748
Does Atticus pair well with an ifi micro idsd BL? Im planning to upgrade my HP soon and apparently Atticus looks favorable compared to Z1R, based on reviews.

If only i could demo atticus :frowning2:
It pairs beautifully with the iDSD Micro silver, and the BL is a slightly improved version, so yes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back