1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hisoundfi, Oct 1, 2016.
First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Next

Last
  1. ProfFalkin

There is a common saying that everything is bigger in Texas.

I believe the reference is that he has a big head, and that he lives in Texas.      

2. SHAMuuu

I'm a Canadian but we know that saying well.

Also, watched King of The Hill , which is 'based in Texas;

3. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Yes, maybe it is an age thing, but growing up it used to be a saying that people used about Texas, and I was using it in reference to the talk about bigger heads.

4. Aleatorius
    Ah, I thought there was more to it - it seemed a bit random to me so I figured I'd ask for clarification.

I'm Texan but I haven't watched much of King of the Hill.
    Gotcha, I do have a big head and I was born in Texas.

5. Aleatorius
    Did anyone change their order based on the changes to the Atticus?

6. mwhals

I changed my order to add the Atticus to my Eikon order.

ProfFalkin likes this.
  7. cglin222
    Mind if I ask which wood did you get for each and reason? Just wanted to get more info and opinions before I get mine

8. DWbirdseye
    Not me, I'm sticking with my choice: Eikon padulk for a linear, more neutral approach with attack and fast transients.

9. mwhals

I ordered the Eikon in Cherry because I like lighter woods. I ordered the Atticus in Padauk to easily differentiate it from the Eikon. I was tempted to get both in Cherry.

10. Sonic Defender Contributor
    You are obviously a drummer, nice looking kit in the avatar. I have played off and on for 30 years, but only ever managed to get so so due to too much off time and no professional lessons when I was first learning.

Liu Junyuan likes this.
  11. DWbirdseye
    Thanks! It is drum workshop kit, birdseye maple with a warm tone and fast attack due to raised bearing edges.
    30 years is a long time, you must know your way around a kit. :blush:

12. JerryLeeds

Same choices for me...

13. Aleatorius
    I'm sticking with my Eikon in padauk but I'm still undecided on the Atticus until I can read some impressions of it in padauk.

14. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I wish I was better, I certainly know I have innate ability, but I really suffer for the lack of training. Nothing I can't overcome mind you, but what killed my drumming these last few decades has been very bad tendinitis in my right arm. I actually sold my last two kits as I just couldn't keep playing without real pain and swelling. Despite what you hear, treating chronic tendinitis in the bicep and forearm is extremely difficult. I can't even throw a baseball or a Frisbee for that matter so drumming for now is just not happening. Anyway, sorry for being OT everybody, but that is a gorgeous kit mate. Send me a link to any YouTube you may have posted of your jamming, I always enjoy hearing others hit the skins. Cheers.

15. PacoTaco

Paduak will probably balance out the wider nature of the soundstage (as I believe the bigger pores add depth.) It'll also be slightly faster in the decay, if that is your thing.

First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Next

Last