ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Nov 14, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #766 of 9,699
Am I missing something here? What's the reference?

There is a common saying that everything is bigger in Texas.

I believe the reference is that he has a big head, and that he lives in Texas.      

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #768 of 9,699
Am I missing something here? What's the reference?

Yes, maybe it is an age thing, but growing up it used to be a saying that people used about Texas, and I was using it in reference to the talk about bigger heads.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #769 of 9,699

There is a common saying that everything is bigger in Texas.

I believe the reference is that he has a big head, and that he lives in Texas.      

Ah, I thought there was more to it - it seemed a bit random to me so I figured I'd ask for clarification.

I'm a Canadian but we know that saying well.

Also, watched King of The Hill , which is 'based in Texas;

I'm Texan but I haven't watched much of King of the Hill.
  Yes, maybe it is an age thing, but growing up it used to be a saying that people used about Texas, and I was using it in reference to the talk about bigger heads.

Gotcha, I do have a big head and I was born in Texas.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #774 of 9,699
Mind if I ask which wood did you get for each and reason? Just wanted to get more info and opinions before I get mine

I ordered the Eikon in Cherry because I like lighter woods. I ordered the Atticus in Padauk to easily differentiate it from the Eikon. I was tempted to get both in Cherry.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #775 of 9,699
Not me, I'm sticking with my choice: Eikon padulk for a linear, more neutral approach with attack and fast transients.

You are obviously a drummer, nice looking kit in the avatar. I have played off and on for 30 years, but only ever managed to get so so due to too much off time and no professional lessons when I was first learning.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #776 of 9,699
You are obviously a drummer, nice looking kit in the avatar. I have played off and on for 30 years, but only ever managed to get so so due to too much off time and no professional lessons when I was first learning.

Thanks! It is drum workshop kit, birdseye maple with a warm tone and fast attack due to raised bearing edges.
30 years is a long time, you must know your way around a kit. :blush:

Nov 14, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #779 of 9,699
Thanks! It is drum workshop kit, birdseye maple with a warm tone and fast attack due to raised bearing edges.
30 years is a long time, you must know your way around a kit. :blush:

I wish I was better, I certainly know I have innate ability, but I really suffer for the lack of training. Nothing I can't overcome mind you, but what killed my drumming these last few decades has been very bad tendinitis in my right arm. I actually sold my last two kits as I just couldn't keep playing without real pain and swelling. Despite what you hear, treating chronic tendinitis in the bicep and forearm is extremely difficult. I can't even throw a baseball or a Frisbee for that matter so drumming for now is just not happening. Anyway, sorry for being OT everybody, but that is a gorgeous kit mate. Send me a link to any YouTube you may have posted of your jamming, I always enjoy hearing others hit the skins. Cheers.

Nov 14, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #780 of 9,699
I'm sticking with my Eikon in padauk but I'm still undecided on the Atticus until I can read some impressions of it in padauk.

Paduak will probably balance out the wider nature of the soundstage (as I believe the bigger pores add depth.) It'll also be slightly faster in the decay, if that is your thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back