ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Nov 10, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #4,756 of 9,714
Yeah! We just released the two LTD's were doing for the Atticus an Eikon. You can check them out on our site!

The Cocobolo is super expensive wood and I've been saving up a batch for a while to get to the amount of wood needed for a run like this.

we're also doing oxidized barnyard cherry

Harder woods like Cocobolo will have more "slam" than softer woods. Cocobolo is harder than padauk and you will hear a little more of that slammy girth, ofcourse with any wood it's subtle bu noticeable.

Oh heck! Now why'd you have to go and do that? I want one of those Eikons in the worst way...

Nov 10, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #4,757 of 9,714
Yeah! We just released the two LTD's were doing for the Atticus an Eikon. You can check them out on our site!

The Cocobolo is super expensive wood and I've been saving up a batch for a while to get to the amount of wood needed for a run like this.

we're also doing oxidized barnyard cherry

Harder woods like Cocobolo will have more "slam" than softer woods. Cocobolo is harder than padauk and you will hear a little more of that slammy girth, ofcourse with any wood it's subtle bu noticeable.

I keep telling myself that I have enough closed headphones. That ltd. cocobolo eikon...the temptation is almost too much.

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #4,758 of 9,714
Waiting on a cocobolo Atticus! I can't describe how excited I am. This is going to be my first pair of real closed backs, I am ditching the HD800 and HD650M for them. I am keeping the HD600 though. Pairing both with a heavily modded Crack.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #4,759 of 9,714
Zach, on the website it says that that the new woods are limited to a run of 40 units at one point and 25 at another, so a little unclear. Just a heads up

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #4,760 of 9,714
Jimmy McGill (aka Saul Goodman) approves of the Cocobolo's!!!

I might have to get an Atticus in that wood. Collect them all!

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #4,761 of 9,714
Just got my order in for the Cocobolo Atticus. It will be sad to see my Cherry Atticus go :triportsad:

Nov 11, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #4,763 of 9,714
I have been saving for an Atticus for quite some time....this Cocobolo Atticus have arrived at perfect timing...I like the new sliders also.

Nov 12, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #4,764 of 9,714
thats it, gonna buy myself a christmas present, the atticus. I never ever thought id spend such a money for a headphone, but listening music is my favourite thing to do, and im ready to exit mid-fi hell :D

Been really tinkering between atticus, aeon open, new audeze LCD:s, the new hifiman which name i've already forgot.

90% of the time i listen to rock/melodic metal, what i want is real authority, slam in the bass, guitars with body. From what i've read, atticus suits really well for rock/metal, im gonna pair it with my lyr 2 & modi 2U. Gonna upgrade the dac sometime in the future, probably to the bimby.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #4,766 of 9,714
I just decided to go nuts and get the Cocobolo Eikon, Camphor Atticus, and Blackwood Auteur. The former two have become some of my all-time favorite headphones so I figured I might as well get them in my favorite woods and just sell my old ones. If anyone's interested in a Padauk Eikon or Cherry Attius, let me know (I'll officially put them up for sale once my new ones get here). Can't wait to hear the Auteur. Even though I know it's "just" an open Eikon with new pads, the preliminary measurements I've seen hint at something like a mix of an HD800's frequency response (minus 6k spike) with ZMF's musicality. I may be in headphone nirvana if that's true.

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #4,767 of 9,714
I just decided to go nuts and get the Cocobolo Eikon, Camphor Atticus, and Blackwood Auteur. The former two have become some of my all-time favorite headphones so I figured I might as well get them in my favorite woods and just sell my old ones. If anyone's interested in a Padauk Eikon or Cherry Attius, let me know (I'll officially put them up for sale once my new ones get here). Can't wait to hear the Auteur. Even though I know it's "just" an open Eikon with new pads, the preliminary measurements I've seen hint at something like a mix of an HD800's frequency response (minus 6k spike) with ZMF's musicality. I may be in headphone nirvana if that's true.

WOW big purchase haha. Those cocobolo are gorgeousss. I hear the Hifiman Hex v2 were a more musical HD800. How to the Aeons stack against the zmf btw?

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #4,768 of 9,714
thats it, gonna buy myself a christmas present, the atticus. I never ever thought id spend such a money for a headphone, but listening music is my favourite thing to do, and im ready to exit mid-fi hell :D

Been really tinkering between atticus, aeon open, new audeze LCD:s, the new hifiman which name i've already forgot.

90% of the time i listen to rock/melodic metal, what i want is real authority, slam in the bass, guitars with body. From what i've read, atticus suits really well for rock/metal, im gonna pair it with my lyr 2 & modi 2U. Gonna upgrade the dac sometime in the future, probably to the bimby.

Have the Aeon open coming in today so I can compare that with my EIkon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back