ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Apr 14, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #3,331 of 9,747
Mogwai better sound good when it gets back (from a fixin) or it could be in trouble. This Atticus is getting too comfortable with the Auris and not liking other gear.

The Auris is a very good sounding tube amp. Very good and the Atticus sounds marvelous on it just like it did on the Mogwai. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #3,332 of 9,747
  Mogwai better sound good when it gets back (from a fixin) or it could be in trouble. This Atticus is getting too comfortable with the Auris and not liking other gear.

The Auris is a very good sounding tube amp. Very good and the Atticus sounds marvelous on it just like it did on the Mogwai. 

I just looked that amp up.  That is one sexy looking wood and leather combination.  I like it very much.  But from your comments it sounds like you might enjoy the Mogwai a little bit more?  How about with the Eikon?  Do you have a favorite tube amp pairing with the Eikon?

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #3,334 of 9,747

I just looked that amp up.  That is one sexy looking wood and leather combination.  I like it very much.  But from your comments it sounds like you might enjoy the Mogwai a little bit more?  How about with the Eikon?  Do you have a favorite tube amp pairing with the Eikon?

The Eikon is on loan. Then it will be on loan to another person. Also my mogwai is not back here yet. Memory has them atleast a tie right now. My mogwai has upgraded caps and tubes so its 600 dollars over MSRP. This amp is 1599 to my door and sounds stunning. 

I do not have a fav tube amp pairing yet but for the money I can easily recommend this one. 

1. It has an impedance selector,
  2. remote control that makes the knob turn like Violectric
  3. 4 inputs
  4. the switch is underneath the unit right in front
  5. looks sexy
  6. Very dynamic with an excellent tonality and details. Good sound stage too. The looks are only a bonus. Not schilling you

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #3,335 of 9,747

Whoa, that's a sexy looking amp! And completely off my radar until now. You doing a full review?

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #3,336 of 9,747

What color wood it that?  Looks sexier in black and white than it probably does in color at least from what I've seen on the website they have.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #3,338 of 9,747
Full review for sure. But it is a little further down in que than some other stuff before it.

The wood is brown.

The output impedance selector, is that actually setting output impedance to 50/150/300/600 ohms, or are they just corresponding settings for those headphones impedances?

I hope that made sense.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #3,339 of 9,747
Looking at the Auris site,which model do you have?

That retro styling is stunning
basshead.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #3,341 of 9,747

Full review for sure. But it is a little further down in que than some other stuff before it.

The wood is brown.

The output impedance selector, is that actually setting output impedance to 50/150/300/600 ohms, or are they just corresponding settings for those headphones impedances?

I hope that made sense.

They list it like it is the actual output impedance so I am not sure. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #3,342 of 9,747
They list it like it is the actual output impedance so I am not sure. 

Seemed odd having a 600ohm output. 8:1 damping be damned, eh? More like 1:2.

Apr 14, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #3,343 of 9,747

vjDz1.png

Swaggot is really goofy electronic music where this really homosexual guy is going on in this weird obsessive way about different subject matter. It's a joke but it's still hilarious that the music even exists, because it's just so weird sometimes.

I don't remember babyfather.

Don't copy that floppy just didn't really go anywhere else. It's an anti piracy song :wink:

Dot Dot Curve is a really ****ty crunkcore band.

Lexi was music by this drugged out girl who I don't talk to anymore on the internet (back in the days before I used to filter out what sort of people I involved in my life)

Swag ninja is really ****ty amateur music I found on a forum once. It's super ****ty, most of the songs are about being a total loser or are satire and only have 3 chords. It's not as good as it sounds when I describe it.

I think the unexcused is either songs about farts, or music composed of farts. I don't remember. Checking it now, it's really ****ty amateur music of a drunk guy singing about farts over two notes on a synthesizer. 

This is one of the wittiest things I've read in a long time! Clearly you "music tent" is rather large and everyone is welcome...

"most of the songs are about being a total loser or are satire and only have 3 chords"

change "total" to "homicidally angry" -- and you have a pretty good definition of punk.

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #3,344 of 9,747
Chronic lurker here for the Atticus (really interested in that HP). Next week I'll get to hear the Eikon w/big-league balanced amplification (Violectric V281; Liquid Carbon).

That's what I want to tell you about--the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Began burn-in Monday (24/7), so it's not even 100 hrs yet vs 150 hrs recommended by Cavalli. Anyway, I've been peeking in every day, listening to it w/this or that headphone (ZMF Ori; Marantz MPH-2's; etc). Tonight it's the Fidelo X2/single-ended. And this little box is really blowing my mind. It sounds amazing. Not perfect--but amazing. Listening to classical right now (Ravel's Piano Concerto in G/Marta Argerich) after hearing mostly well-recorded pop/reggae/jazz. This amp does it all. The only even sort of negative thing I could say about it that it doesn't have that to-the-sky treble extension; the treble's all there, but unhyped, calm, expansive. It's a midrange-on-down amp. The bass is sensational...so is the soundstaging. It feels warm, big, and very real musically. 

Actually, the bass may be a little much (not for me, but for other people)--but I won't be sure until it's fully burned in. That also may be a nearly alarming synergy between the LC & the X2's...this combination sounds crazy good.

(highly recommended)

Can't wait to hear the Eikon on this thing.
Your going to like the Eikons out of the LC for sure. I had them hooked up to mine with the Yggy in Chicago very tasty to say the least but liked them out of my Kenzie just a bit more. I just wish I knew they were 300 ohm and I would have tried them out of the 600 ohm output rather than the 32. Well going to the St. Louis meet mid May so will be able to try it out then.

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #3,345 of 9,747

Users who are viewing this thread

Back