ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Dec 29, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #1,546 of 9,763
Ohhh... we thought that was your budget for tubes.   No the tube amp, just the tubes.

LOL. That will happen over time and then one day I will look and say "Wow! I have $3k in tubes!"

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #1,547 of 9,763
LOL. That will happen over time and then one day I will look and say "Wow! I have $3k in tubes!"

Yeah. Hahaha

I was looking at the "premium" upgrade tubes for the wa5 on woo's site and almost had a drink / nose / keyboard malfunction.

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #1,549 of 9,763

Ohhh... we thought that was your budget for tubes.   No the tube amp, just the tubes.

Don't laugh....it is the truth!  
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #1,550 of 9,763

Finally had time to sit and read the whole thing.   Great review!  I just have a few suggestions...

You said "I felt like the thunderous bass of the Atticus got a little excessive at times", and that I think might be misconstrued by many of your readers.   Perhaps you could say "The almighty Thor himself has imbued these headphones with thunderous bass, an awe inspiring sound second only to the mighty impact of Mjolnir itself."  It adds a sense of flair.

I liked the emphasis toward the end that neutral-heads need not apply.  "The power of the Eikons will cause aneurysms, and perhaps complete cranial explosions, to all bass-fearing heathens" might have been how I would have worded it.   I guess "those who are looking for absolute neutrality may not be very satisfied" will do.

Anyway... I liked it!

Thanks!

popcorn.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #1,551 of 9,763

I just love your reviews of the Eikon & Atticus!

"Heart, Meet Sleeve: The ZMF Atticus" (witty, well-written).

I've been jonesing for an Atticus ever since these 2 new flagships were first described in this thread. This review just makes me want one more.

Without actually hearing the Atticus to confirm it (maybe will do that it at the NYC show upcoming)--your descriptions of its sound (and several others', too) make it sound like a headphone perfectly suiting my sound preferences (not to mention big/giant frame + wood earcups)

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #1,552 of 9,763
Thanks Pharmaboy and ProfFalkin.

I do think there is going to be a neutrality-seeking segment of audiophiles who will complain that the Atticus has too much midbass and a few folks who just will not amp it properly no matter what. I feel it's only fair to raise the flag and mention the point for those folks. But that being said, the Atticus through the DecWare CSP3 is hands-down my favorite thing to listen to right now. Music is so thick, rich and full-bodied, and the vocals... I just can't even begin to tell you how good they are on the right setup!!

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #1,553 of 9,763
Thanks @Pharmaboy and @ProfFalkin.

I do think there is going to be a neutrality-seeking segment of audiophiles who will complain that the Atticus has too much midbass and a few folks who just will not amp it properly no matter what. I feel it's only fair to raise the flag and mention the point for those folks. But that being said, the Atticus through the DecWare CSP3 is hands-down my favorite thing to listen to right now. Music is so thick, rich and full-bodied, and the vocals... I just can't even begin to tell you how good they are on the right setup!!

For sure!   I can't wait to get my hands on them again!  

Oh, and I hope you didn't mind my jests in my previous post.   It was very well written.

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #1,554 of 9,763
Hrmph!

Now I'm really regretting not ordering a Atticus along with my Eikon. Thanks AGAIN Dave... 
angry_face.gif

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #1,556 of 9,763
For sure!   I can't wait to get my hands on them again!  

Oh, and I hope you didn't mind my jests in my previous post.   It was very well written.

Not at all, I got a good laugh out of your comments!

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #1,557 of 9,763
Dec 30, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #1,560 of 9,763

Users who are viewing this thread

Back