Attention, Andrea: Please Get A Life.
Sep 6, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #91 of 116
Hey Jude
biggrin.gif

Andreas latest persona non grata is "Colmo dei Colmi"

Could you PM me with the proper procedure to contact a mod, or yourself to alert you of this uh....how shall I put this....warped individuals spewage on Head Fi please ?

He's been rather persistent of late with the spam....and account creations.
frown.gif

I'm sorry to bother you about this in light of all the grief he's caused you...

Best Regards,

Peete.

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #92 of 116
Use the "report this post" link located at the bottom of each post below the poster's avatar. It's the one with the " !! " markings which must be the easily identified international symbol for "report this post".
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 7, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #93 of 116
Peete, just click on the
report.gif
button at the bottom of the name/avatar column on his posts and fill in the form. It alerts all the moderators.

Edit: Beaten.

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #94 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peete, just click on the
report.gif
button at the bottom of the name/avatar column on his posts and fill in the form. It alerts all the moderators.

Edit: Beaten.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use the "report this post" link located at the bottom of each post below the poster's avatar. It's the one with the " !! " markings which must be the easily identified international symbol for "report this post".
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks !!! Both of you
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Sep 7, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #95 of 116
He can be MAC ID blocked from site.

this way his entire computer will be barred from posting on Head-fi.

What it does is to Hardware block his NIC (network interface card).

It takes little hacking skills to find out the spammers MAC ID.

Sep 29, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #96 of 116
I am wondering if it might be possible to delete all of Andrea's various aliasses' posts from the ZERO DAC thread?

I am just new to head-fi, and I think it's a great forum, but his posts in this thread are really annoying. There are a lot of postings recommending to roll bad OpAmps in the Zero Dac, which is pretty confusing, because they come from a lot of different nicknames, in that thread at least 8. Especially in the beginning of the thread there are a lot of posts by shopper (aka, i think you've guessed already... Andrea) recommending to test al sorts of opamps, (it makes it even more confusing that sometimes there are good ones between them) which is really annoying. I don't know if it's possible to filter out al the posts by these Andrea aliases?

A problem could be, that there are a lot of reactions in this thread (from people with good intentions) on the posts of the Andrea clones, so deleting Andrea's posts, might make it even more confusing. Maybe it is possible to just delete all the posts which quote one of Andrea's aliases in that thread? Doing that would surely clean it up a lot, tagging all posts by hand is nearly impossible, because the thread is more than 700 pages long. It is a pitty that the thread gets so messed up because of all these posts, because otherwise, it is an absolutely fantastic thread!
smily_headphones1.gif

If it is possible to change anything, it might be a good idea to contact the starter of the thread, because he kind of maintains the thread. I'll at least PM him about this post. If i posted this entirely in the wrong place, or what i'm suggesting is simply ludicrous, i'm sorry. I'm not that experienced yet with this forum. Thanks for reading this post which (as usual with my posts) got far to long again.
biggrin.gif

Just one last question: Isn't it possible to IP Ban Andrea in some way? Or has that already happened, and is he evading it?

Edit: By the way, if it would be possible to delete all the posts from Andrea's aliasses, but not those of people who comment on him (that would be logical, in those posts might be other information) I am willing to tag the posts which are solely reactions to Andrea's posts, and can be deleted. It would not be extremely much work, just searching for the various Andrea nicks in the thread, and tagging the posts should work? I would need to know which nicks Andrea was using then, but i guess it is pretty easy for an admin to search which banned nicks posted in that thread? Probably all of them are from Andrea?

Sep 29, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #97 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He can be MAC ID blocked from site.

this way his entire computer will be barred from posting on Head-fi.

What it does is to Hardware block his NIC (network interface card).

It takes little hacking skills to find out the spammers MAC ID.

And all he needs to do is change his NIC. One might think that he's not quite sad enough to do so, but judging by his behaviour
confused_face.gif

Sep 29, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #98 of 116
^That's assuming he's directly hooked-up via ethernet. It'll be the MAC address of his ADSL/Cable box.

They're somewhat harder to replace than a £5 NIC, but still far from impossible.

~Phewl.

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #100 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by XplodingForce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am wondering if it might be possible to delete all of Andrea's various aliasses' posts from the ZERO DAC thread?

His posts have been deleted every time he's been banned, so there is no need to ask. Strange request for a new member though. You're not Andrea yourself are you?
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #101 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His posts have been deleted every time he's been banned, so there is no need to ask. Strange request for a new member though. You're not Andrea yourself are you?
wink.gif

No, not al of his posts are deleted, at least all the posts from shopper(i'd say at least a hundred) are still there. Shoppers profile shows: formerly andrea. I saw that some posts from andrea were deleted though.

And no, i'm not Andrea (happy i'm not
rolleyes.gif
), but i just think the beginning of that thread is pretty confusing now. I read about the first 60 pages, and was confused by Andrea's posts quite often.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #102 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. IP's represent routers, not people/specific computers.
2. Forum systems like VB pretty much always have IP tracking/banning built in, standard.
3. It varries by ISP. I can change mine every 24 hours, if I wanted to. Sometimes they are static. Sometimes they are like that. You can't just make a general statement like that.

I hate internet stalkers.

One of the more effective modes for dealing with this is to require REAL Grounded Email accounts. NO Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Total PITA, but it works for the most part. It would make it so un-enjoyable he wold go to greener pastures most likely. Also once you "catch" him, you might be ablt to get his ISP to DC him. I used to build ISPs in the Past and had to deal with these Jokers a lot.

Just a thought. He's hit the Compass thread with two aliases in the Last 24 hours.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #104 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0ofassa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
b-b-b-bump

I bumped it for a reason, he's been very active last few days. And I had a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back