ATH-WS55 Solid Bass Audio Technica are absolute junk
Jul 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #46 of 73
If the inline volume is so important, just get the ath-ws55i. Also, I have HD 650's and I thought they were the best I could get. I was wrong. I bought the Ath-ws55's as a cheap pair of headphones for portable use and I found them to sound much more like a great pair of speakers than any other headphone I've tried. They are also pretty inexpensive and comfortable. Don't expect a pair of headphones to sound like a subwoofer since there isn't enough room for the very low frequency waves to travel.

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #47 of 73
Does anybody know if these models are being faked? I just recently saw someone selling a pair cheap, and thought it might be a fake since it seems to good to be true, however, I really haven't seen a fake ws55 in the market, or any fake audio technica for that matter. By the way, I'm from the Philippines (close to Hong Kong and China, so you know..). Thanks

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #48 of 73
Quote:
If the inline volume is so important, just get the ath-ws55i. Also, I have HD 650's and I thought they were the best I could get. I was wrong. I bought the Ath-ws55's as a cheap pair of headphones for portable use and I found them to sound much more like a great pair of speakers than any other headphone I've tried. They are also pretty inexpensive and comfortable. Don't expect a pair of headphones to sound like a subwoofer since there isn't enough room for the very low frequency waves to travel.

Well, the HD650 are much more neutral than the WS55, therefore it won't have the naturality that the WS55 has. 

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #49 of 73
Quote:
Does anybody know if these models are being faked? I just recently saw someone selling a pair cheap, and thought it might be a fake since it seems to good to be true, however, I really haven't seen a fake ws55 in the market, or any fake audio technica for that matter. By the way, I'm from the Philippines (close to Hong Kong and China, so you know..). Thanks

The ATH-ON3's (ONTO) were being faked pretty widely for a while. Which makes absolutely no sense, as my pair, which were verified authentic, aren't even worth listening to :p

Go figure. Other than those, I haven't heard of any other fakes. 

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #50 of 73
Well, the HD650 are much more neutral than the WS55, therefore it won't have the naturality that the WS55 has. 

You're very right. They are very neutral. Whenever I listen to neutral headphones, I'm never satisfied. I love the natural sound of the ath-ws55's. Just in case somebody reads this and thinks that I'm saying that the ath-ws55's are hands down better than the HD 650's, i didnt mean it like that. They are both awesome. I just get much more satisfaction out of the ath-ws55's, which is completely a personal preference.

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #51 of 73
Quote:
The ATH-ON3's (ONTO) were being faked pretty widely for a while. Which makes absolutely no sense, as my pair, which were verified authentic, aren't even worth listening to :p

Go figure. Other than those, I haven't heard of any other fakes. 

I got the ON300 and ON300 fake, and honestly, both are as bad. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #52 of 73
Quote:
You're very right. They are very neutral. Whenever I listen to neutral headphones, I'm never satisfied. I love the natural sound of the ath-ws55's. Just in case somebody reads this and thinks that I'm saying that the ath-ws55's are hands down better than the HD 650's, i didnt mean it like that. They are both awesome. I just get much more satisfaction out of the ath-ws55's, which is completely a personal preference.

I got to agree about the part about neutral headphones. A neutral headphone is seldom fun, although it is accurate and balanced.

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #53 of 73
Quote:
Lol funny thread. OP says they are junk because they dont fit HIM. I guess they could fit everyone else perfectly but not fit him.. therefore theyre junk lol. Lack of in-line volume control? Really? But whats even funnier is that the next poster recommends the beats :D

Yup,

"in-line volume control". The OP is clearly not an audiophile and really doesn't know anything about good quality headphones. But, i would've recommended him the Beats too. Let him waste his money on a name brand and feel good about it.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #55 of 73
Someone knows how to take these 55 apart?

I need to grease them, they are strange at this point.

When I make a move with my jaws or head and one of speakers makes a little turn, plastic sound from frame comes. 

They need greasing, but it is so hard to reach bolt, so maybe someone knows how to take them apart?

Sound is absolutely amazing despite this little thing.

It almost have no sound bleed. 

Bass is rich and deep, balanced. Really strong. 

I had absolutely new experience while listening to same song on these

ears don't hurt as with my technics on same sound level.

Just that plastic sound...

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #57 of 73
I made it. It was easy just was nervous a little bit :)

So take of pads unscrew speaker, then take out speaker holder, unscrew the fork and put in some gum or same CONCICTENCY material then it is done. 

Hope you understood what I ment :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back