ATH-W1000X Thread!
Nov 27, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #1,366 of 1,994
Why dont you just test your headphones using sine sweeps or pink noise?

I did several times and I've mentioned that above...
But I wasn't sure about the results xP

Nov 27, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #1,367 of 1,994
Oh man, these really mean business. I am liking them more and more.
Can't wait to test them for gaming xD
Not really sure I wanna be changing the pads. The 900X stocks are very good but I'll try :)
Oh and the comfort.... Like the first time I can fully focus on music/games.
I don't feel buyer's remorse at all :)

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #1,368 of 1,994
Not really sure I wanna be changing the pads. The 900X stocks are very good but I'll try
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't feel buyer's remorse at all
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad to hear it, I've got a AD 2000X with me today and I find that both do a great job in gaming. I play mostly MMORPGS action ones, not those point n click ones.

Anyways, today I noticed the AD 2000x does a nice job wth 3D position, although it's forward mids kinda skew things as times. But Those same forward mids make those que's stand out nicely! 

The w1000x was very simmilar to it actually! 

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #1,369 of 1,994
Not really sure I wanna be changing the pads. The 900X stocks are very good but I'll try
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't feel buyer's remorse at all
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't care what anyone says…  but anything that has Audio Technica's logo stamped on it "ROCKS!"  

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #1,370 of 1,994
Any bigger pads recommendations are welcome :]
Can nobody provide a picture of the L3000 pads, pretty please?

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #1,372 of 1,994
My pair just came in, they're gorgeous <3_<3 Perfect fit on my head too, sooo light.
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to listen because I left my amp at college
One minor gripe, the little square vents aren't really symmetrical on both sides. I might need to take the earcups off and reattach them

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #1,373 of 1,994
I can send you the J-money pads for it to try, if you like them I can cut you a good deal. I have a few left, I knew Jeremy was getting out of the business and bought them up while I could.

That'd be awesome fearless!
You think you can post one more picture of the pad opening on the headphone?
I wanna see how big the hole opening (the place where your ear sits) is.
Again, thanks. That'd be magnificent.

Like this kinda

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #1,374 of 1,994
I am actually not at home this week, but I do have some pics on the iCloud. I do not think any show the opening, but they are around the same dimensions as the Beyer velour/Hifiman pads at the opening.

All three of these have them on.

Side view.

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #1,375 of 1,994
  My pair just came in, they're gorgeous <3_<3 Perfect fit on my head too, sooo light.
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to listen because I left my amp at college
One minor gripe, the little square vents aren't really symmetrical on both sides. I might need to take the earcups off and reattach them

You don't need an amp. They are drivable with most things if you have a 1/4" to 1/8" converter on hand.

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #1,376 of 1,994
  I am actually not at home this week, but I do have some pics on the iCloud. I do not think any show the opening, but they are around the same dimensions as the Beyer velour/Hifiman pads at the opening.

All three of these have them on.

Side view.

I'd be willing to give them a shot, if you are okay with it :]

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #1,377 of 1,994
Pads arrived! Had time to briefly test them.

A little comparison:

1000X stock pads - no,,, just no. terrible. $50 asking price is a joke!
900X stock pads - not bad for $10 less [$40] you are actually getting superior pads! Much better sonical performance. Warm sound. The pads are a bit shallow and the openings too small for my taste. Nonetheless, great pads!
HiFiMAN velour earpads - the cleanest sound. Lacks the punch of the pleather pads but sound the most articulate and precise. Almost analytical. Other than the bass, these sound really good. The bass is just too tight and lacks oomph. It is also consequentially the easiest to pick up details & nuances with. I'd use these if I were feeling like sound whoring :D $10
HiFiMAN pleather earpads - drum rolls! The winner! A cross between the velour and 900X pads. Bass is comparable, might be just a hair less punchy, a hair more mids and treble maybe? They are esentially the 900X, just bigger ear holes and deeper pads. Comes with foam rings which you can use to adjust the depth [esentially, if you use them the pad is a bit harder but retains its shape better. If you don't, then the pads is softer and deforms a bit more, no difference in SQ]. I chose these because I don't really fault the 900X pad's presentation just wished for more comfort. The velours are great for sound analyses. The 1000X pads are a disgrace and as an abomination should be banned from the headphone [and any other headphone]. These are $20.   

[I am still willing to try different pads obviously, I am kinda a pads roller :D The JMoneys f.i.]

Finally, the pics!

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #1,379 of 1,994
  I can send you the J-money pads for it to try, if you like them I can cut you a good deal. I have a few left, I knew Jeremy was getting out of the business and bought them up while I could.

I'd actually be interested in buying a pair of jMoney from you as well... I'd like to see how they sound with a D2k... as I'll wind up with J$ Alpha and Lawtons and DX1000 ePads by Febuary I'd like to see which are the very best for the W1000x and D2000 respectivly! 

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #1,380 of 1,994
  I'd actually be interested in buying a pair of jMoney from you as well... I'd like to see how they sound with a D2k... as I'll wind up with J$ Alpha and Lawtons and DX1000 ePads by Febuary I'd like to see which are the very best for the W1000x and D2000 respectivly!

I am not sure if I have two sets that are in good shape, I know I have at least one set . I will let you know when I get home.

Actually, the J$ Denon versions where quite good on the D*ks I do not really like the Beyers much on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back