ATH-W1000X Review *UPDATED*
Mar 4, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great review!
I just listened to the W1000x, A2000x and W5000 today at the Audio Techinca Demo store with the HA-20 amp. I'm not so impressed with the W1000x

There is an Audio-Technica demo store in Vancouver?

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, another review that everything is perfect...... Shoot me if you want.

No, I totally understand where you are coming from. Hard to have an unbiased review if you don't have anything negative to say about it. But, I am having a hard time doing that...

I have been burning the headphones in for a week now, and I have had some good time with them, listening to whole CDs at a time. I will update the review when I get more time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachkebia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is the isolation?

Isolation is poor. I would not use these headphone if you needed them to block out noise very well. I can hear myself type as I listen to music right now, but volume is on the low side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch! I don´t have the money for it in the near future, but it seems like the ticket to a fuller sound than the w1000 without loosing the wing system that I love!

Curse you Head-Fi!!!!!

Well, from what I have read about the W1000X I would say the bass bump in the W1000X was necessary. Try a brokerage service like price Japan. You could probably still get a pretty penny for your W1000 if you really wanted...
But then again you should probably just enjoy your gorgeous W1000 because AT is sure to release another model a year or two from now anyways :p.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #19 of 41
By the way, though the isolation isn´t good, they don´t leak much, from my experiences.

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Well, from what I have read about the W1000X I would say the bass bump in the W1000X was necessary. Try a brokerage service like price Japan. You could probably still get a pretty penny for your W1000 if you really wanted...
But then again you should probably just enjoy your gorgeous W1000 because AT is sure to release another model a year or two from now anyways :p.

You are probably right - Better will come, And I have been more and more contend with what I have since I found there really wasn't a better option - So I will wait, be contend and spend my money on music..........
atsmile.gif

BAAAH! Is this Head-fi or what!

surely I won't! Most likely I won't sleep right before I know my self if this new kit is better, worse or just a sidestep from what I already own!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #21 of 41
Anybody out there that can compare these directly with the W1000(minus X)?

Mar 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody out there that can compare these directly with the W1000(minus X)?

IIRC Currawong said they have more bass :/ not sure what else, but his impressions are in the original W1000X thread.

Apr 2, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #24 of 41
From my notes when I tried them, the W1000X sounded like a W1000 with possibly better bass and much better and more extended treble. The mids are still very forward -- too much for my tastes. Tracks already with a lot of mid-bass were overblown, but the bass was the best I've heard from a bass-heavy can since the L3000s. If there is anything I like about the new X series cans it's the treble, which was dull on ATs primarily due to the pads being too flat. If you roll up and stuff a tissue into the pads of any AT which has the older style, suddenly the treble comes out and the congestion disappears. The X series of cans use a W5000-style arc and have new pads, which results in a fit that doesn't work for me unless I bend the arc into more of an ellipse, allowing the pads to sit more vertically on my head. Being used to HD-800s, the W1000X did put the music in a smaller space, much of that having to do with the forward mids that gives such an illusion.

I need to go into the city and have another go of them though. This time I'll do a comparison with the A2000X and W1000 if they are still there.

Apr 2, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #25 of 41
Thanks you for the upgrade. =D Glad to hear you´re loving the phones.

Again, I suppose I need to share about everything... Bass sure is amazing at the moment. Brightness is tamed a bit, now highs are pretty flawless for my tastes, and all the detail is still there.

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need to go into the city and have another go of them though. This time I'll do a comparison with the A2000X and W1000 if they are still there.

Thanks for your comment. My head is small
smile.gif
so the fit won't be a problem. I'm really expecting your review on these two cans.

Apr 25, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #27 of 41
sokolov91: How would you say the W1000X compare to the D7000?

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by tisb0b /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I get my new Concerto amp and some time I will formally compare the two. The only reason I got the D7000 was because I had placed a back order and had forgotten about it in between haha.

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by tisb0b /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowincanada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looking forward to this review as well!

This is what I can post for the time being!

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/d70...uickie-485635/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back