ATH-W1000 en route, what to expect?
Jun 17, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #31 of 63
This is why patience is a virtue. I had to pay 400 for the AD2000s, which is still cheaper than usual, but 200 is a steal. I might have picked up a second pair had I know there was a sale and given them to a friend. Tis a shame, but congrats to everyone who got in on this great deal. Oh and the W1000 for 100 bucks is damn nifty too. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #32 of 63

Quote:
I wish I had seen this thread sooner. $100 for the w1000 is a no brainer.
eek.gif

x2

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #34 of 63
Are you in for a sad story? I'm the guy who posted the source of the W1000, and had already found them before this thread started. I had already scored two of the Ultrasone PRO 650, and while I was preparing to order my own W1000, I took the time to respond to this thread, and then my wife handed me a stack of passports so I could apply for my family members' entry into the USA tomorrow. By the time I finished, I went back to my shopping cart and they had  just run out. Gotta love it.

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #35 of 63

Quote:
Are you in for a sad story? I'm the guy who posted the source of the W1000, and had already found them before this thread started. I had already scored two of the Ultrasone PRO 650, and while I was preparing to order my own W1000, I took the time to respond to this thread, and then my wife handed me a stack of passports so I could apply for my family members' entry into the USA tomorrow. By the time I finished, I went back to my shopping cart and they had  just run out. Gotta love it.

God, I feel your pain. Maybe you should have been a little greedy and kept the source to yourself for a while? 
devil_face.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #36 of 63
I know. But at the same time, I am happy if I helped some other members to take advantage of this.

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #39 of 63

Quote:
How did you know MF had the w1000 for this price? Do you have a price tracker set up or something? It'd be amazing to know.

Just by checking the site for other things following the Ultrasone deal. As soon as I saw this thread pop up, I knew the OP had done the same.

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #43 of 63

Quote:

I'm the OP and I feel your pain.  As I mentioned I had the PRO 650 in my cart and it went away, so I went looking for alernatives and found the W1000.  At least you scored some great Ultrasones!

BK

Jun 17, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #44 of 63
Thanks again for the heads up. Sorry you didn't get one.

Just a quick question will the EF2 fed from a uDac be adequate enough to power these or should I upgrade my setup?

I've heard they are low impedance and match nicely with a good solid state but I don't want to read anymore and taint or bias my opinion before I get them. I would usually research these thoroughly but I wasn't expecting to make the sudden leap up the ladder so soon.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #45 of 63
Definitely an amazingly good deal for both headphones, interested to hear impressions on both of them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back