ATH-W1000 en route, what to expect?
Jun 23, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #61 of 63
The AD2000 arrived on schedule today.  Ooooooh these sound good!  Nice and light on the head, exceptionally comfortable, superior (more) clamping for my narrowish headshape.  Pads are thinner, so my ears actually contact the drivers.  Sweet mids.  Plenty of bass, which was unexpected - it even does a good job with Sublime.  Maybe they just have more hours on them (used) but so far I prefer them to the W1000.  The AD2000 are handling everything that I throw at them!

Two thumbs up for musicians friend.  Everything arrived as promised and in perfect condition.  This is not my first order with them, and each time my items have shipped out same day.  In one case I returned a $2k piece of gear and my cc was credited within a few days.  In another case I pricematched a competitor no problem.  Always able to reach a human on the phone.  Just wanted to pass along my own good experiences to contrast a caution earlier in this thread.

Back to the headphones.  I'll update my views on the W1000 vs. AD2000 in few weeks after I have a good solid audition.

Is there a safe way to increase the clamping on the W1000?  I'd prefer a tighter sensation.  Also, when I press the cups inward a bit I get improved bass, so that right there is an indication that the fit is functionally too loose for me.

BK

Jun 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #62 of 63
Jun 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #63 of 63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back