ATH-W1000 en route, what to expect?
Jun 16, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #16 of 63
I wish I had seen this thread sooner. $100 for the w1000 is a no brainer.
eek.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #17 of 63
I went back for a second meal and picked up the AD2000 for $175 shipped.  Should make a good comparison.  Read lots of good stuff about them here.  Does that make me a pig for feasting at MF so often?

BK

Jun 16, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #19 of 63
You are out of control 
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #23 of 63
Quote:
Just got my W1000 tracking number and shipping notification!

BTW, I have had nothing but very positive experiences dealing with MF on 3-4 previous occasions, including one return.  Seems like a quality outfit.

BK

Expect a lot of physical comfort, they are the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn.

But as far as MF goes, I have experienced very poor customer service after they were taken over by Guitar Center, which is now going downhill rapidly after being taken over by Bain Capital, Mitch Romney's outfit that destroyed Circuit City in much the same fashion and recently flirted with the idea of selling the outfit to Best Buy. MF was a good company before the buyout. Guitar Center has never been able to make that claim IMHO.

I won't go into details here, and hopefully your experience will be a good one. $99 is a great deal for those cans and I hope it works out, I am jealous! My issue had to be resolved by a PayPal dispute, which was relatively simple as I caught them in more than one lie mistaken assertion via email, but it was similar to some of these:

http://ezra-g.com/blog/20071114/musicians-friend-com-we-didnt-ship-wrong-address-you-just-dont-know-what-state-you-live

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #25 of 63
I really loved those cans - I am certain the Lavry would be an ideal match (i had a DACMagic back when I had the ad2k's). 

This is really a terrific deal... even though I have gone 'stat, this is still very tempting

Jun 16, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #28 of 63
I can't wait! Got shipping confirmation for both. This is going to be fun. 
L3000.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #29 of 63
damn, they're out. Would have shipped them a friend in the USA if I wasn't asleep for the whole sale because I'm on the other side of the world
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back