ATH SJ5, should I?
Oct 10, 2010 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PlantNinjaBunny

New Head-Fier
So I've been lurking around head-fi for a while, and after reading the reviews I've been super tempted to get the SJ5 
smile_phones.gif
 because from what I've heard they work well & they kind of look good. I have an HD228 already but I still want the SJ5; so could anyone tell me which one's better (SQ, comfortability, etc.) and if I should get the SJ5 as well? 

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #2 of 5
Welcome to Head-Fi.

I don't recall reading any comparisons between these two. But since you like the looks of the SJ5, maybe you could buy it, compare the two, and tell us about it?

Quote:
So I've been lurking around head-fi for a while, and after reading the reviews I've been super tempted to get the SJ5 
smile_phones.gif
 because from what I've heard they work well & they kind of look good. I have an HD228 already but I still want the SJ5; so could anyone tell me which one's better (SQ, comfortability, etc.) and if I should get the SJ5 as well? 

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Yeah I haven't found any posts about the SJ5 vs HD228, which is why I asked in the first place :/ 

Are there any other options within the $40-$80 range?

They are not really popular headphones here.If you could find them for about $30 they are not bad.You are not even buying something of the same quality,the senns are better.
Search for ES7's if you're looking for an upgrade.

Jan 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 5
The SJ5's were my first semi hi-fi headphone and I've been using them for a good 8 or 9 months. I can tell you they definitely compete with the 228's. I have both the ES7's and the SJ5's and personally think the SJ5's are just a notch or two below the ES7's. They're fun to listen to (especially if you have an amp; they work pretty well with a Fiio e5) and the isolation is a great plus. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back