ATH-M50's or be content????
Sep 2, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #16 of 20
Hi FWIW I just got a pair of the M50's for $119 shipped - ScitScat Music https://www.scitscat.com/p-3383-audio-technica-ath-m50-professional-headphones-coiled.aspx you were probably aware of this
The Sony' V6's are very similar from what I've read and highly rated as you know

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
Hi FWIW I just got a pair of the M50's for $119 shipped - ScitScat Music https://www.scitscat.com/p-3383-audio-technica-ath-m50-professional-headphones-coiled.aspx you were probably aware of this
The Sony' V6's are very similar from what I've read and highly rated as you know

Great! I'm waiting on a reply from Guitar Center on a price match so if that falls through, i'll go with this site unless i find something else. 

Yea, thats why it was so tough trying to decide but the price and trying to be frugal leaned me to the sony's. The V6's are on my head now listening to Above and Beyond station and are amazing. 

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #19 of 20
Well I emailed Guitar Center to see if they'll price match and was declined since candysave.com isnt a authorized dealer but thanks for the link....  hey, it was a shot!.  The cheapest i found them were on soundprofessionals.com using the promo code drops the price down to $109. 

Still searching here for other options and i'm giving myself till sunday to decide.  so far of course its the M50's or the HFi-580s.  Will see but still listening to my V6's and they are excellent especially for $65!!!

[size=medium]ATH-M50s[/size]
[size=small]$60.00[/size]
[size=small]1-ATH-M50s-SAVE60[/size]

Quote:
Ive heard nothing but good from owners of the V6 and M50. Sounds like you are enjoying your V6's though!
If your still interested in the M50s there is one thing you can do. If you have a local guitar center check and see if they have the M50 in stock, and if they do price matching (they should, I don't think its an option for them) and show them this link. http://www.candysave.com/audio-technica-ear-cup-headphones-ath-m50-close-back-dynamic-studio-monitor I wouldn't trust the site itself, but Guitar Center is certified by AT. And bam, brand new M50s at a little more than half there street value 
atsmile.gif

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #20 of 20
I was so close to getting Guitar Center to price match that deal below, but then I was worried that the M50 would be too similar to my old pair (which I liked). There is a pretty good chance I may like the newer white boxed version.

I don't know much about the HFI-580, but I tested out the HFI-680 vs the M50 and it lost...badly. What did win me over was it's bass. I felt it was a little better than that of the M50, but not so much in quantity. HFI-680 was very uncomfortable and had a really goofy soundstage.

Another cheap alternative to the M50 that's more balanced is the Koss Pro DJ 100 for $70-$80. It has a lot of similarities to the MDR-7506 I think. DJ100 was my upgrade from the M50, but I just preferred having mids a tad more forward. Can't go wrong with the M50 if you like a lot of bass. It's a good headphone, but not perfect.

Quote:
Well I emailed Guitar Center to see if they'll price match and was declined since candysave.com isnt a authorized dealer but thanks for the link....  hey, it was a shot!.  The cheapest i found them were on soundprofessionals.com using the promo code drops the price down to $109. 

Still searching here for other options and i'm giving myself till sunday to decide.  so far of course its the M50's or the HFi-580s.  Will see but still listening to my V6's and they are excellent especially for $65!!!

[size=medium]ATH-M50s[/size]
[size=small]$60.00[/size]
[size=small]1-ATH-M50s-SAVE60[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back