ATH-M50's just allright?
May 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pclov3r

100+ Head-Fier
My friend who says he went to college says his DT 770's will blow my ATH-M50's out of the water is this ture? He says the ATH-M50's have holes in the EQ and says they are consumer grade headphones with lots of noise? Is this ture? Regardless i like my ATH-M50

May 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 4
0_0, if you already have the M-50s why you asking?

but i haven't heard "lots of noise" from my m50s

and to say the dt770 are MILEES better i think is a little exaggerated 

maybe its just his personal prefence

May 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 4
The 770s have holes in the EQ as well, it's called the mids, lol. Okay seriously, I've owned and loved a few pairs of 770s, but I wouldn't dare call out other headphones for holes in the EQ compared to mine. Do I love the way they sound? Absolutely, the U-shaped EQ is so fun. Do I like them better than the M50s? Yes, sent the M50s back. But if you say "Regardless I like my ATH-M50", then be happy you found something you like and ignore your friends comments. Also, still scratching my head a bit regarding the college part...

May 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
But if you say "Regardless I like my ATH-M50", then be happy you found something you like and ignore your friends comments. 

+1

If you're happy with something then who cares what someone else thinks?  Also, what version of the DT770 are we discussing?  Chances are he has a preference for bass or listens exclusively to electronic and hip-hop.  If that's the case, then I would agree that I greatly prefer the DT770.  However, the M50 is a great all-around performer at its price range and is, in my opinion, the superior can in terms of versatility.  Both are sufficiently detailed and exhibit an acceptable sense of clarity but contrast in how they convey these attributes.  Both represent a great value for the price of admission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back