ATH-M50 vs. Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Shure SRH840
Jul 11, 2011 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Reach

New Head-Fier
Honestly, which one would be better for listening to House/ Dubstep/ Electro/ RnB music on and do a bit of music producing too. I really want a good pair of headphones that will last me a long time. Any other suggestions within the price range would work too. Thank you

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 32
Long lasting headphones:

HFI-580 can break easily, I've seen bad aftermath pics
SRH-840 are kinda cheaply built. The pads won't last long also

M50's are known for their build

M50's are my choice for you. Good sound fro dubstep, great comfort and great build.

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 32
There's a bunch of threads on this...that's why you're not getting responses.

Get the M50's. They will fit your needs fine.

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 32

Quote:
Long lasting headphones:

HFI-580 can break easily, I've seen bad aftermath pics
SRH-840 are kinda cheaply built. The pads won't last long also

M50's are known for their build

M50's are my choice for you. Good sound fro dubstep, great comfort and great build.

Honestly - where do you come up with this drivel?

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 32
I do find M50's very capable for House/ Dubstep/ Electro/ RnB music..
I think they sound great if you EQ them and they feel that they will last for a lifetime if you don't abuse them too much..
Today i am expecting DJ1 so as to compare them with M50's..
So i believe if you wait a little bit i could share with you my impressions..

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #8 of 32
I STRONGLY recommend the HFI-580 for electronic. The M50 may be 'good' in that genre, but given your choices I say FORGET IT. The HFI-580 are way better for that kind of music.

I have a comparison review if you need it, in my sig :)

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 32
crinacle i hope you are right..
I am very excited to lay my hands on the Ultrasone later today.

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #10 of 32

Quote:
Honestly - where do you come up with this drivel?

^This. I have read tons of reviews raving about how well-built and sturdy the SRH840's are.

Quote:
I STRONGLY recommend the HFI-580 for electronic. The M50 may be 'good' in that genre, but given your choices I say FORGET IT. The HFI-580 are way better for that kind of music.

I have a comparison review if you need it, in my sig
smily_headphones1.gif

+1

There are a lot of reviews you can find praising the HFI-580's for electronica/bassy music.

Jul 11, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #11 of 32
In this order (IMO),

SRH840 (they're in no way shape or form cheaply built-thats ridiculous, they're Shures, if you know anything about audio you would know Shure is one of the most highly regarded audio brands in the world)

as far as ultrasones go,

580's are wonderful however, you might want to check out the DJ1 Pro as it's an excellent headphone as well and would suit your application well. Better, i believe, than the 580's.

And we all know how I feel about M50's, so I'm not even going to bother commenting as I know they have a huge following.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #12 of 32
Not trying to be a dick... but could you really not find another thread on this? Did you even try to search? These three are VERY popular on this forum and it isn't hard at all to find some comparisons.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #13 of 32

Quote:
Not trying to be a dick... but could you really not find another thread on this? Did you even try to search? These three are VERY popular on this forum and it isn't hard at all to find some comparisons.

Oh come on,give him a break.....

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #14 of 32

Quote:
In this order (IMO),

SRH840 (they're in no way shape or form cheaply built-thats ridiculous, they're Shures, if you know anything about audio you would know Shure is one of the most highly regarded audio brands in the world)

as far as ultrasones go,

580's are wonderful however, you might want to check out the DJ1 Pro as it's an excellent headphone as well and would suit your application well. Better, i believe, than the 580's.

And we all know how I feel about M50's, so I'm not even going to bother commenting as I know they have a huge following.

For their sound quality, not for their build quality. Other than newer models, most Shure headphones feel flimsy compared to other cans of comparable prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back