ATH-M50 SMELL?!!?!
Feb 27, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #31 of 36
Okay, so I guess I will try leaving them out for a while to see if anything gets better.

If not, then I'll try the wipes...and if worst comes to worst, I'll go back to the store and smell the rest of their stock to see if I'm just paranoid :D

(not really about the last one...)

Feb 27, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #33 of 36

Quote:
I think it's the leather that they use for the earpads. You could try replacing them with velvet ones if possible. 
blink.gif

I returned the M50s this morning for a full refund NOT due to fecal smell . I did smell their pair on the rack and hoped  for a miracle of bad smell but NO, no bad smell at all. Again, we are here as a team so I did try to help.

OP complaints of  bad smell of the whole body of the M50s including cable except the  chrome jack,    

Mar 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #34 of 36
I too noticed my M50's smell after sometime. But mine only smells around the leather material that touches my head around my ears. About 4 days of use without cleaning I would notice the odor. This after wiping it with cloth after every use to make sure its all dry. I use ethyl alcohol to clean it. It just goes with the routine. Otherwise, the smell does get offensive.  I have also tried using cotton moistened with plain water and found it effective as well. By the way, I live in the tropics and it is approaching summer. Might have something to do with it.

Mar 1, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #36 of 36
By the sound of it, it seems it's the plastic that's emanating a smell you don't like. Did you leave them in the car under the sun or something?, weird smells tend to emanate once the material tops a certain temperature threshold, that, or a skunk got to party all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back