ATH M50 Expectations?
Apr 16, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #106 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i havent heard the m50 yet but im sure the latter is better due to bigger drivers and its more portable

...how can you possibly voice your opinion without any knowledge of how the M50 sounds? My Grado has smaller drivers than the 53mm AD700, and is more portable - yet says nothing about their comparative sound quality because its a different design, like larger engine displacement != better car.

Learn to troll better.

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #108 of 370
Quote:

m50's are pretty good for the price. es10's are just better HE HE

Quote:

but es10 is still better
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

i havent heard the m50 yet but im sure the latter is better due to bigger drivers and its more portable

I think this is the problem most users here get annoyed. since the beginning of this thread you have claimed that the es10 is better when it was not asked specifically. and now your comments turn out to be on guessing rather than having experience with both headphones!
if you are going to compare two headphones, make sure to point out that you have experience with them or that you are making inference from what you have read or heard etc.
btw, just saying one is better is not helpful either, if you want your comments to help people its a good idea why/ which and what parts you find to be bette. not everyone is into the same sound sig. for example as much as you like the bass on es10 I prefer more neutral hps, so your idea of what is better may not necessarily mean it is better for me.
It's nice that you are contributing to the forum and giving your experience, but just try to be more constructive rather than comparing, ranking stuff.
and yes, es10's are nice headphones, so there you go
wink_face.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #111 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by tengen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but I have not made any comparisons between the ES10 and the M50 besides their price points, have I?
wink.gif

Nope but you sound like you heard them all

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #112 of 370
Quote:

@ Leva: good to hear you appreciate some good stuff. im not bragging my es10's in any way but obviously it is better than the latter. just my opinion

and you have every right to have an opinion. but it would be great if you explained why you feel its better. the OP didn't necesarrily ask for comparison but if you decided to give one, try to explain why. whether that is build quality, sound sig, midrange, cost-value etc. just saying one is better is not very helpful for anyone, including you coz it makes people not respect your opinion since you do not back it up with anything concrete apart form saying 'it's better'.
its ok to say 'its great' 'i love it' etc. in appreciation threads maybe, but to just make a point without explaining is not useful when people are asking for help or comparisons on hps.

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #114 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by LevA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and you have every right to have an opinion. but it would be great if you explained why you feel its better. the OP didn't necesarrily ask for comparison but if you decided to give one, try to explain why. whether that is build quality, sound sig, midrange, cost-value etc. just saying one is better is not very helpful for anyone, including you coz it makes people not respect your opinion since you do not back it up with anything concrete apart form saying 'it's better'.
its ok to say 'its great' 'i love it' etc. in appreciation threads maybe, but to just make a point without explaining is not useful when people are asking for help or comparisons on hps.

I agree with this statement..nothing much.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #115 of 370
yeah that can be done, but not in this thread as it is of no use to the OP. also my experience with the es10 is very limited, just one time at a shop. i already wrote about that in another thread.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #116 of 370
@2rooi123

why dont you come on apr.23 on our megamall meet, bring your es10 and lets compare it to our m50...

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #117 of 370
You made a very good choice for an entry level piece. They are quite bassy, which is not my preference, but that's me, a lot of members here tend to enjoy the sound.

Looks like they should have arrived by now, what are your opinions as to how they sound?

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #118 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by dandyqb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@2rooi123

why dont you come on apr.23 on our megamall meet, bring your es10 and lets compare it to our m50...

i dont think there is a need to compare..

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #119 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by dandyqb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@2rooi123

I'll bring my M50 and lets do the comparison and consider its price range for justification. sounds more fun isn't?
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back