ATH m50 cord "fix"
Jan 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

slapshot30

500+ Head-Fier
About to recieve my new m50's this week and I noticed that with the straight cord, it is veryy long. What do you guys do to kinda "fix" that? I will be using these when I am out and about sometimes and I think the long cord might cause some problems...

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 13
Thanks, I think I get what you guys are saying but could anyone post a picture so I know what exactly how to do it (how much cord to coil up/where to coil up etc)

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 13
if you still have time to return it, the coiled m50 version may be the better option. its short in length, but will stretch to desired lengths when needed.

but that's only to say if you were to return the m50. in the case that, that's not an option, you might want to try zip ties, and tie the cord in big, long loops.

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
if you still have time to return it, the coiled m50 version may be the better option. its short in length, but will stretch to desired lengths when needed.

but that's only to say if you were to return the m50. in the case that, that's not an option, you might want to try zip ties, and tie the cord in big, long loops.

Okay thanks, I oredered these friday night and they have yet to ship. I ordered from amazon but they are sent through a place called the e^basement. I just e-mailed them to ask to switch to the coiled version, not sure if they'll get it before they ship it. If not then oh well, I can deal with it.

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #11 of 13
Ah, those changes make it look a lott more clean. Thanks guys. I'll be sure to do something like that when I get them.

May 4, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
Okay thanks, I oredered these friday night and they have yet to ship. I ordered from amazon but they are sent through a place called the e^basement. I just e-mailed them to ask to switch to the coiled version, not sure if they'll get it before they ship it. If not then oh well, I can deal with it.

Hey sorry to resurrect this thread, but i just ordered a pair of M50's from e^basement also. Is yours legit? I was worried about e^basement's rep and also all the fake M50's floating around on the internet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back