ATH-ES7 Essential Mod (w. Headshots)
Jun 9, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #18 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great mod...I can wear them out now
smily_headphones1.gif
Just bend the two sides next to the metal so the metal bit is straight...

"sides", "metal", "metal bit" - I don't think someone could put it in a less informative way.

Damn, I even drew a picture
mad.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #19 of 71
I've been monkeying around with this mod even more, and discovered that molding along their full orbit yields the best results for me. I need barely one click on each side for openage, but so far that's the limit assuming I don't get a swollon head.

Jun 9, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #20 of 71
I've been adjusting mine for a bit and still haven't found the sweet, comfortable spot. When you guys are referring to the "elbow" is that the flat headband part OR the two parallel rods that you are bending?

I've been bending the flat headband IN to get more curvature to the headband but it seems like some of you are bending the parallel bars OUT. So what part are you bending?
confused.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #22 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by D3n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"sides", "metal", "metal bit" - I don't think someone could put it in a less informative way.

Damn, I even drew a picture
mad.gif

Bit touchy for your second (good edit btw) & third post aren't we?
wink.gif

You did a great diagram - but it aint rocket science to try a bit of gentle bending. Metal rods outwards as the OP stated. Easy.

Oct 24, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #24 of 71
hey just wondering, do you guys find the headband a little bit uncomfortable? Because i just got mine and after doing the mod, and even before it, when the headband rests on my head it seems a little uncomfortable.

Feb 27, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #25 of 71
just bought a paur of these and was wondering if someone could post pics of the mod being made... cause I really don't want to brake the phones.

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #26 of 71
A fool-proof way of straightening out the metal bars...

Put the headphone on your head with the band full retracted. Using the tips of your thumbs, push inward toward your head just below the metal bars. Do it a couple of times, and it'll straighten out.

Feb 29, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #27 of 71
Bad move, you can easily break plastic headband this way.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A fool-proof way of straightening out the metal bars...

Put the headphone on your head with the band full retracted. Using the tips of your thumbs, push inward toward your head just below the metal bars. Do it a couple of times, and it'll straighten out.

The right way, the key is to retract just enough to get to the angled portion of the metal rod.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Retract your cups so that the smallest amount of metal shows as possible. Then, firmly hold the plastic immediately above and immediately below the metal with your thumb on one side and your forefinger on the other (gripping tightly) and bend.

Jun 9, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #28 of 71
im kinda scared doing this. i just ordered es7's 5 minutes ago online and im eager to try this out, yet scared at the same time i might break them. is this a hard process? how much force do u need to apply. i THINK i know how to do it tho. it seems like u just have a very small amount of the metal part showing and ur thumbs are on the outside on the plastic on top of the bars pushing inward and ur index fingers on the inside on the plastic part below the metal rods pushing outwards. im just scared so if anyone could give me some stories about when they did it for their first time, that'll be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back