ATH-AD700 vs ultrasone 780 ? how much better is the 780
Feb 28, 2008 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

genclaymore

Headphoneus Supremus
I heard about them from here, and I been wondering . how much better are they, then my AD700's. Because I was thinking about grabing them, when I get extra cash.

I like my AD700's it just the way the padding are design annoy my ears alot.Because I cant get them on fixed on my head right.

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 6
[I like my AD700's it just the way the padding are design annoy my ears alot.Because I cant get them on fixed on my head right.]

I jst returned a pair to Amazon as they kept falling off my head and could not live with that and the awfull sound.

Bruce

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
I heard about them from here, and I been wondering . how much better are they, then my AD700's. Because I was thinking about grabing them, when I get extra cash.I like my AD700's it just the way the padding are design annoy my ears alot.Because I cant get them on fixed on my head right.

Heya,

The 780's will sound a little more bright, metallic and have way more bass than the AD700. The sound stage will not be mushroomed out. It will have some isolation. And you'll have a comfortable hugged head feel that is secure.

Very best,

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 6
You will get a head clamper that feels even more plastic and it creeks more. Sound wise, far more bass than AD700 for sure, less open sounding and the treble is even more piercing, I rate it one of the worst phone I have ever heard, but the Pro 900 is even worse... You might as well go grab a pair of SRH940 for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back