ATH-AD**** users unite!
Nov 11, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #31 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
humanflyz, the AD2000 pads are a velour-like material. I'm not sure what they are, but they feel very smooth and soft.

Ahh yes, but I believe would they fit on the A900s was another question.
wink.gif

Not got mine yet, but if the stock pads prove uncomfortable I could change.

Nov 11, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #32 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
These AD2000 headphones are starting to look very attractive to me.

With that kind of looks, it would be hard to not agree here. Very sexy looking, for a headphone that is.
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #34 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunyeap
Woohooo!! Just got myself a pair of ATH-AD900's today!

Yay! Good to see another AD900 in the house! Welcome to "Team The Same Headphones as Crypt and Inkmo", Shaun.

Nov 12, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #35 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo
Yay! Good to see another AD900 in the house! Welcome to "Team The Same Headphones as Crypt and Inkmo", Shaun.

Haha! Thanks!!

Initial impressions have been that overall, it's awsome!! Great separation, good detail, and nice and balanced (especially compared to the SR60's...no contest overall).
basshead.gif

My only gripes are that:
They're HUGE....but comfy
And the soundstage seems kinda compressed....not quite as wide as i'd like. Is that a characteristic of this headphone, and can it be fixed with an amp of sorts?
Other thoughts on this headphone are welcome
biggrin.gif

Shaun

Nov 12, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #36 of 122
Hey, let's not divide Team ATH-AD Series into smaller groups! There aren't enough of us as it is. All of us together would still get covered up by the Sennheiser veil.
icon10.gif

Shaun, I think the AD series' soundstage isn't as expansive as the DT880, K501, or K701, but it's precise and well-defined. Their "airyness" is also very pleasant-sounding.

I've found that different sources and amps affect the soundstage. For example, the soundstage of the AD2000 using a DAC and amp sounds much bigger and better defined than directly from an iPod.

Nov 12, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #37 of 122
Quote:

Shaun, I think the AD series' soundstage isn't as expansive as the DT880, K501, or K701, but it's precise and well-defined. Their "airyness" is also very pleasant-sounding.

I've found that different sources and amps affect the soundstage. For example, the soundstage of the AD2000 using a DAC and amp sounds much bigger and better defined than directly from an iPod.

Thanks for the tip!

I currently only run these headphones from my powermac/powerbook/ipod and portable cd player. I'm headed home on the 17th....can't wait to try it out wtih a decent source/amp!
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #38 of 122
What would be your recommendation for buying Audio-Technica products online? I think I just might have to get me one of these AD900's
blink.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #41 of 122
I was just wondering....has anyone bought anything from Bluetin.com before?

I was looking at their website a few days ago, and their prices are great!
However, the whole site looks a bit dodgy, imho.

If has tried it, and found them to be reliable, i'd love to get an amp fromthem
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #42 of 122
I need a SS amp to burn out my AD2000.

Any suggestions, buddy?

Nov 12, 2005 at 9:15 AM Post #43 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunyeap
I was just wondering....has anyone bought anything from Bluetin.com before?

I haven't bought from there but I have read that others have and I haven't heard of any problems.

Nov 12, 2005 at 11:55 AM Post #44 of 122
Quote:

Hey, let's not divide Team ATH-AD Series into smaller groups! There aren't enough of us as it is. All of us together would still get covered up by the Sennheiser veil.
icon10.gif

It should be Team ATH-A Series, theres as many A models as ADs, if you include the limited edition A900. Only more members!

I nearly bought the A900LTD but I resisted hard, the screams from my wallet helped.
A900smile.jpg

Nov 12, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #45 of 122
Or maybe Team ATH-****** would do? That makes us a big AT family!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back