ATH-AD**** users unite!
Jan 5, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #121 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting interested in these AT's. The A900/AD900 seems like a good starting point. Could someone clear me with the difference/similarities of A & AD models. Is AD just a newer revision or are they completly different cans?
blink.gif

Basically, "AD" is open cans, and "A" is close cans.
I have A900Ltd, it sounds very good,
so I think A900 is a good starting point of AT's family.

Jan 6, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #122 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... the phones lacked bass. It was fast, tight but didn't really impress (I'm used to the bass coming from a Koss Portapro and the PX100) and these being my first real pair of cans, I wasn't that 100% happy. However, the clarity and its ability to handle the mids and highs were wonderful!!!
tongue.gif
I can hear instruments and the background music/instruments which I've never heard before. Wow! It's a pair of headphones which gives great details, only downside is (to me) the bass....

AD900 does have a slight "balance" issue with bass. The bass is most definitely there in quality, just seems less in quantity comparing to the rest of the spectrum. That said, it will be worthwhile to spend more time listening and adjusting to this new sound for a time first.

Wait till you are used to how AD900 portrays your most favorite tracks, then go back to the Koss and Senn, you may then better appreciate AD900's bass, and find the others presenting a slightly overpowering bass - at least I did.

The W5000, in my opinion among other audio aspects, has the perfect balance for me, but for nearly three times the cost. Every time I get a listen to the AD900, it still impresses me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I know it's an easy to drive headphone but does amplication improve it?...

A portable can easily drive them. I find [for AD900] amp improvment to be even less than an interconnecting cable upgrade... though, YMMV. A better upgrade may be in the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back