ATH-A900LTD Appreciation Thread
Mar 1, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
I'll agree with the many positive comments that's been said so far about the A900LTD. It's a great sounding set of cans straight out of the box, but it's not a set of cans for everybody. Despite the great level of detail, soundstage, and tight bass the A900LTD does have slightly recessed mids that is unacceptable by some. I personally don't mind this little drawback as it isn't bad enough to make them a bad set of cans for myself. Others will see it differently and will also comment on that the highs on the A900LTDs are a bit rolled off to them, that is fine to each his own. To my ears the A900LTDs is a set of cans that has all the details, soundstage, and bass as the A900s except smoother ane richer sounding. Also own a set of CD3000s and it's also an awesome sounding set of cans despite being on the bright side.

Exactly my thoughts. I also appreciate the fact that these puppies don't need an amp to sound great.

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #17 of 34
After listening my A900LTD i am amost confused that what should be better then this. There might be something else to beat it's good sound quality and comfort. But it's clear that mine cans are top of the line, where some people like it over HD650 and DT880 while some people are saying that it sounds good but HD650 and DT880's are better then this. This is purely defines taste and sense of people rather then sound quality and clearity difference.

Also I was thinking for an open can (coz it's dangerous place to live
evil_smiley.gif
) but I must run form this idea. I am satisfied morethen I was expected from headphones and burning more $ if you are satisfied is never ending game untill you wallet says
rolleyes.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #18 of 34
This thread officially made me get into A900LTD-hunting-mode.
Looks like someone will be skipping lunches for a while.

Mar 25, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinWu
This thread officially made me get into A900LTD-hunting-mode.
Looks like someone will be skipping lunches for a while.

It looks to me that you owned A900's and sold them. If you sold them because you didn't like it's sound signature then A900LTD will dissapoint you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchau
It looks to me that you owned A900's and sold them. If you sold them because you didn't like it's sound signature then A900LTD will dissapoint you.
smily_headphones1.gif

On the contrary, I loved the A900s to death. Did blu-tak mod to get the mids back up as well. Had to sell them because of financial issues.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinWu
On the contrary, I loved the A900s to death. Did blu-tak mod to get the mids back up as well. Had to sell them because of financial issues.

So you are getting your love again with better mids.
smily_headphones1.gif
I also recommend you to buy from RB26DETT.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #23 of 34
What's the difference between the a900 and the a900ltd besides being limited? I just bought some a900's on one of the boards before I knew about the ltd's, and I'm hoping I didn't just screw myself out of something better. Seems like the ltd is hard to find though...
Slade

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #24 of 34
I'm just wondering, just how much better are the mids on the A900LTD than the A900? Because right now I am still waiting for my A900LTD to arrive, and using my A900's while I wait. With my newly acquired PA2V2, the mids on my A900 are not bad at all, and the move up to an A900LTD would make them perfect, if they are in fact noticeably better than the A900. Also, do they LTDs have the cloth cable like the A900? I hope they don't.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

So you are getting your love again with better mids.
smily_headphones1.gif
I also recommend you to buy from RB26DETT.

Already sent a PM. Hopefully he still has them.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
I'm just wondering, just how much better are the mids on the A900LTD than the A900? Because right now I am still waiting for my A900LTD to arrive, and using my A900's while I wait. With my newly acquired PA2V2, the mids on my A900 are not bad at all, and the move up to an A900LTD would make them perfect, if they are in fact noticeably better than the A900. Also, do they LTDs have the cloth cable like the A900? I hope they don't.

Yes........ Mids are clearly noticable between my A500 and A900LTDs with more refined highs and lows anyway. It have dual type cable, means both cans are having seperate cable input not like my A500 where cable input is just at left side. And it's not fabric either.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
I'm just wondering, just how much better are the mids on the A900LTD than the A900? Because right now I am still waiting for my A900LTD to arrive, and using my A900's while I wait. With my newly acquired PA2V2, the mids on my A900 are not bad at all, and the move up to an A900LTD would make them perfect, if they are in fact noticeably better than the A900.

I wonder whether me using my LDTs exclusively out of the headphone jack of my receiver explains that I never had the recessed mids problem? FWIW, I think they are very balanced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Also, do they LTDs have the cloth cable like the A900? I hope they don't.

No, it's some sort of rubbery coating.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Yes........ Mids are clearly noticable between my A500 and A900LTDs with more refined highs and lows anyway. It have dual type cable, means both cans are having seperate cable input not like my A500 where cable input is just at left side. And it's not fabric either.

I was asking between the regular a900 and the a900ltd, not the a500...
Slade

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
I was asking between the regular a900 and the a900ltd, not the a500...
Slade

I have experience with these two only while noone still reported that A900 has better mids then A500. But this is reported by many that A900 haves back seated mids anyway.

Some one would tell you better who own excactly both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back